Chapter 21 - Why don't you accept me as your Master?

WT 21 - Why don't you accept me as your Master?

Wan Ting does now know where the carriage was heading, as her kidnappers were watching her like a hawk from every corner of the carriage. There was no chance for her to look out from the windowless carriage. But she knew they were out of the crowded areas. The further the carriage was from the bustling capital, the colder Wan Ting felt.

Fear was not something she could control.

The book had listed a few ways to use the Flame Spirit, but it was mostly based on the situation where its host was a flower.

Generally, a Flame Spirit could never grow inside a living human because the human mind was strong and could easily block the young Flame Spirit from invading the body. When the Flame Spirit matured, it will no longer need a physical body to live in. Their matured self was also a very powerful intelligent entity that knew how to disguise and act like humans, living among them without others knowing.

How a Flame Spirit could die or control it was also written in the book, which would also work on the matured Flame Spirit to a little extent.

But the book had never mentioned a Flame Spirit successfully merging with a human, and Wan Ting had no idea what the evil sect wanted to do with her. However, it was a high possibility that she would be killed to have the Flame Spirit removed from her body if she could not be controlled.

To say she was not frightened when there were no words written about the fate of the flowers that hosted the Flame Spirit would have ended up when it matured was false. But after three years with the Flame Spirit inside her without any signs of decline in health, her worry was easily forgotten.

Each Flame Spirit's years to reach maturity was different, but the minimum years needed was more than fifty years. Wan Ting hoped she would die naturally then and did not get to experience her fate when the Flame Spirit inside her finally matured.

She was told to get off the carriage, which had stopped before a tea house that was void of customers. Letting her follow them without covering her eyes and ears gave Wan Ting an idea of her fate after they were done with her. Even if she had survived from whatever they had done to her, she would still be killed.

Discreetly eying over her shoulder, she only saw the carriage which she had exited, with no other carriages.

Where had they brought her parents?

With her eyes wandering around, she would always meet one masked man's eyes no matter where her eyes went. They were completely on guard against her, in case she made an escape. She saw the owner of this tea house being friendly to the masked men and her hope of having the owner to help her instantly died out.

Her pace was slow as if her legs were heavy, obviously resisting even if she was following the masked men up the stairs of the ordinary tea house. She could see the business had been gone on for several years as the building was quite run down.

Was this tea shop one of the evil sect's hideouts?

"Move quicker!" Impatient with her speed, someone pushed her from behind and into a room the masked man she was following had entered. Before she could gain her bearing, someone else pulled her wrist with a strong, rough grip and forcefully tossed her in a direction.

Wan Ting had not seen even a quarter of the room when she felt a strange feeling of being sucked away and quickly found herself in a different place. The abrupt transport had her suffer nausea which she managed to alleviate by patting her chest.

Brushing the stain on her dress from the rough falling, she carefully eyed her new surroundings. It was land without sun, with only bright lamps hanging on the dry black trees similar to the picture on the masks worn by her kidnapper. The light created terrifying shadows of the branches without any leaves.