Chapter 18 - Shadow Tree sect

WT 18 - Shadow Tree sect

Heng Zhen Gan thought that he would put the matter to rest after sleeping, but it continues to linger in his mind the next day.

It was a good opportunity to send Liu Bing to Fruity Herb and create chances for him to speak to Miss Wan. Their gradual increase in interactions would have them develop some feelings between them.

Strangely, his mouth refused to speak those words to his student, remaining silent and contemplative.

Unwilling to dissect that decision of his, he passed it off as being considerate of not forcing Miss Wan to do what she had already. Even if he could destroy her trust in him that was based on liking him by doing so, he still hesitated.

Why was it difficult to abandon that complete trust directed to him? Was he that easily swayed with a streak of deviant that he had not noticed in having?

"You seem to be in deep thoughts lately."

Prince Heng gathered his thoughts and came back to reality. "Just something to ponder about."

"What is it that makes you ponder for so long?" Owner Yu asked rather interestedly as he poured a fresh cup of tea for Prince Heng.

Straightening his back, Prince Heng turned all his concentration to Owner Yu. "Sending a messenger and urging me to come over this early... do you have good news? If so, I truly underestimate your capability."

Owner Yu was Heng Zhen Gan's only friend that had a connection with Jianghu that he could trust. Both were actually school desk mates before Owner Yu joined Fruity Tree Sect when a cultivator noticed his innate talent in passing. He was the only one Heng Zhen Gan could rely on about this matter and act discreetly without alerting unwanted parties.

The easy-going smile on Owner Yu's face disappeared. "We have investigated which sect is so daring to harm people in the Guilin capital. It's the newly established dark sect, Shadow Tree."

Heng Zhen Gan was not concerned about the history of the Shadow Tree sect. "Will the orthodox sect send people over to clean them up?"

"Fruity Tree Sect will deal with them."

"Because you found out the trouble first?"

Owner Yu smiled. "Let's leave it at that?"

Heng Zhen Gan raised an eyebrow at his friend's wording. "If you really don't want me to know, you would have done better in diverting my attention. I could not leave this alone as this also involves the safety of someone under my protection."

"We will also ensure that Miss Wan will be protected."

Prince Heng silently stared at Owner Yu, lazily fanning himself and a few strands of his hair moved under the wind. He looked as if he had all the time in the world and will stay here as long as he wants.

Owner Yu gave in rather quickly. "It's not a secret, but it's also our sect's dark stain."

The hand that was fanning himself stopped. Heng Zhen Gan wondered if he still had time to swallow back his need to know, but Owner Yu's stopper was already removed.

"Around thirty-three years ago, one of the sect elders and his disciple betrayed the sect and ran away with our sect's secrets. It was only recently that we knew they had founded the Shadow Tree, an evil sect that practiced the same line as our sect."

The traitorous sect elder and disciple had used the Fruity Tree's secret to bring rise to the dark sect. How can the Fruity Tree sect not be angry and desired to crush the evil sect, especially the traitorous master and disciple?