I told you so

A/N: I am so so so so extremely sorry for lack of updates. Currently I have two jobs and an internship and to say the least my life is crazy. Ive been trying desperately to find the time to write and it has been such a struggle. I think for now I may have my life organized enough to try and fit writing back in but I can't make any promises on when the updated will be, all I can say is please hang in there becaus I do intend to finish this story.

    Not surprisingly the rain was pouring down at the British grand prix. I was doing my best to keep dry, but I had left my umbrella at the hotel so I was having to hold my notes and bag under my rain jacket to keep them from getting ruined as I walked into the paddock. My suede boots were completely ruined, but I suppose that’s what I deserve for not checking the weather before I left this morning.

    I was trying to move quickly the rain was bracingly cold and I could feel my toes going numb and my body was fighting the urge to shake. My jeans were completely soaked through and despite the fact that I had a rain jacket the rain coming down at a slant was doing its best to soak the rest of me. 

    I felt an abrupt break in the rain and I looked up curiously, only to see an umbrella being held over me. I looked over to see Kimi holding an enormous, red Ferrari logo umbrella. I glared at him murderously.

    “Get away from me.” I hissed.

    “You’re getting wet.” he didn’t budge.

    “I don’t care. Just go away.” I shook my head, water droplets slinging from my hair as I did so.

    “You’ll get sick.” he said sternly.

    “Look haven’t you done enough already?” I stood with my feet firmly planted on the ground, determined not to show any sign of weakness “Hulk wants to take ‘a break’ are you happy now? Haven’t you already got what you wanted? I ruined your life you ruin mine? Well congratulations. You’ve succeeded. We’re even. Can you just leave me alone now?”

    “I’m not trying to ruin your life.”

    “Could have fooled me.”

    “You’re the one who wanted to keep things from him.” Kimi shrugged. My blood was boiling now. Despite the freezing temperatures my body felt like it was on fire.

    “You’re right, Kimi. You know what you’re exactly right. Everything if my fault. I forgot that you’re so perfect and you always make the right choice, unlike me.”

    “Kennedy.”

    “Shut up Kimi. Just shut up. I don’t know why you’re so determined to be around me. Clearly you’re so much better than I am.” I was shaking now.

    “Please, stop.” he said, his eyes were soft.

    “No.” I shook my head “I’ve got work to do.”

    And I turned on my heel and trudged off back into the miserable pouring rain.

***

    I woke up sneezing, coughing and just feeling like I was dying. My whole body was shaking and I was running a high fever. I felt hot and cold, and then hot again. I was sick. The first thing I did was pull out my laptop and send and email to my boss explaining that there was no way I would make it to the track today to do any interviews. At this point I didn’t even feel like I had the strength to get out of bed much less to the track.

    I felt phone buzz beside me. It took a few minutes of digging through the tangled sheets before I finally had the device in hand.

    Hulk: Are you alright. I haven’t seen you around?