Chapter Fifteen

When I woke up to go to the track Nico had already left to be with his parents. We had decided it would be better for him to spend time with his parents and I just did my own thing.

I ducked into a small coffee shop before heading to the track for the day. I had some time to spare so as soon as I got my steaming hot cup I found a secluded spot to sit in the back of the shop and pulled out my laptop to read some of the latest headlines in motorsport. Being a journalist was a round the clock job. There was always something to read, a deadline to meet, and writing to be done. There was very little time for sleep or a social life. I wouldn't have it any other way though. Maybe that's why my relationship is failing.

"Miss Blake." recognizing the voice, I groaned aloud.

Kimi stood before me holding a cup of coffee. He tutted scornfully at me. He was wearing a hat and sunglasses in attempt to hide his identity. Although I found him still very recognizable, it seemed that no one else has taken notice of the drivers presence.

"How do you think that reaction makes me feel?" Kimi almost grinned as he sat down.

"Sorry that wasn't fair of me." I sighed and closed my laptop.

"S'okay. Wheres your boyfriend?" Kimi glanced around the shop, checking for the presence of Hulk. Even though he clearly knew the answer.

"Not here." I shrugged before taking another sip of my coffee.

"Uh-oh. Somethings wrong?"

"No." I paused. Trying to decide whether to give him any more detail than that. "His parents are in town and I'm just letting them spend time together."

"He didn't want you to meet them?" Kimi raised and eyebrow.

"He did... I did meet them." I sighed not being a very good liar, and Kimi being very good at reading me I decided not to tip toe around the subject "It didn't go so well."

I expected an evil smile like to spread across his lips. Something like the Grinch's. Instead, he looked concerned. Like his felt bad for me.

"That's surprising. You seem like the type that parents would love." Kimi said.

"Yeah, well no one is good enough for Nico. Not me at least." I frowned I kept my tone casual though. I was actually surprised at my own strength "His mother looked utterly disgusted with me."

"That's because she doesn't know you." Kimi shrugged.

"And she doesn't want to. She basically told Hulk that she would disown him if he were to marry me." It hurt bringing up the memories of what she had said about me.

"She's an idiot. My mother would kill for me to marry a girl like you."

"After what I did to you?" I shook my head "Your mother probably hates me too."

"You want to know what my mother said about the article?" I braced myself for the worst. "She said she was glad someone said it, so that maybe I would own up to my bad choices and change. She is your biggest fan."

"So you have been changing?" I was gob smacked by the fact that his mother wasn't out for blood. I had assumed she had probably started a Kennedy Blake hate group. I guess Nico's mother will get to do the honors then.

"Yeah." he looked down "You were right about everything. Since my divorce I've kind of been going downhill and you made me see that. I can't keep living that way."

"Kimi, that's really good." I smiled.

"Maybe if Nico and you don't work out I will have gotten myself together."