Pushed

A/N: Hey y'all! look at me updating somewhat regularly! Don't forget to comment and vote since I'm doing so good. ;) 

I was awoken from my sleep by a soft tapping on the door. My entire body ached, urging me to ignore the knock and continue to lie in bed. After a few minutes the knocking didn’t let up and I could no longer continue laying there. I looked over at the clock, 3:32 was illuminated in angry red letters. Whoever this was going to get it I thought as I swung my legs over the side of the bed and slowly, and painfully got to my feet. Begrudgingly making my way to the door, not bothering to turn on the lights.

    “I hate you.” I muttered when I opened the door to find Kimi on the other side.

    “That is not a very nice thing to say.” the corners of Kimi’s mouth tugged upwards “Especially to someone who is trying to help you get better.”

    “I hate you and you’re evil.” I narrowed my eyes at him “Do you not own a clock  Raikkonen?”

    “I couldn’t sleep.” he shrugged “Can I come in already?”

    I sighed, but stepped out of the way to allow him entry into the dark hotel room. He flipped on the lights causing my hands to fly to cover my eyes from the blinding light.

    “You are not so nice in the morning.” He sneered.

    “Bite me.” I snapped.

    “I don’t think your boyfriend would like that too much.” he word ‘boyfriend’ rolled off his tongue with utter disdain.

    “I didn’t let you in here so that you could patronize me.” I slid back under the covers in my bed.

    “Well then why did you let me in here?” he said taking a seat on the chair that was positioned across from my bed.

    “I don’t really know.” I frowned “But I’m beginning to regret it.”

    I sat up in my bed staring at him. His blue-green eyes staring curiously back at me, letting the silence build between us until I couldn’t take it any longer. I was wide awake now and fully aware of all the misery caused by my illness and there was no way I would be able to fall back asleep at this point.

    “Well, you woke me up. Surely it for something more than to just stare at me.” I crossed my arms.

    “I just wanted to check on you. Is that so wrong?” he was egging me on.

    “You don’t wake someone up at three-thirty in the morning just to check up on them. What’s your agenda?” I glared at him.

    “I wanted to see if he was here. If he had stayed be your side.” Kimi said callously.

    “Nico, left because I asked him to. I couldn’t have him getting sick. He is racing this weekend.” I lied brazenly. Nico had actually only visited for about half an hour before he trainer called him and he reluctantly left.

    I don’t know why I lied. It didn’t really matter. And honestly if Nico had have stayed I would have told him to leave. So it wasn’t that much of a lie. It was the sensible thing to do.

    “Why are you with him?” Kimi suddenly stood up.

    “Why not? Who should I be with? You?” I raised an eyebrow.

    “He just isn’t the right for you.” Kimi muttered, pacing back and forth.

    “Because you know me so well.” I rolled my eyes in disgust.