A Brilliant Idea

I walked dejectedly back into my hotel room. I’ve never had a bad interview before. Everyone always loves me and opens up to me no problem. I threw my bag onto my bed and then fell backwards onto the plush hotel bed. As soon as I did, my phone started ringing. I quickly jumped up and dug it out of my purse. I looked the caller ID. It was the last person I wanted to talk to… well other than Kimi. It was my boss. I cringed as I answered the phone.

    “Hello?” I answered trying to sound as if nothing was wrong.

    “Kennedy.” my boss barked, already sounding unhappy. Maybe he has special senses to know when his reporters don’t get the job done. He probably already knows about my failure.

    “Yes sir?” I responded.

    “Why did Kimi’s PR person just email me with a time to finish the interview?” he was fuming. I could almost picture the gray haired mans face turning red and smoke coming out of his ears.

    “Um, well there is a good reason for that…” I stalled.

    “And that would be?” the Austrian prodded.

    “Kimi wouldn’t finish the interview. He wasn’t telling me anything, he is dreadfully difficult to handle.” I explained “But! On the Brightside! I got him to agree to finish the interview at a later time! So I haven’t really failed.” I tried to put a positive spin on it.

    “This is not acceptable Miss Blake.” Franz was not buying my excuse.

    “Yes sir. I promise I will get you your story.” I said sadly.

    “You better, or your career writing on Formula 1 wont be long. I can assure you of that.” he said threateningly and the line went dead. I fell backwards bag on the bed, discouraged. My phone beeped and I looked a the screen, seeing an email from Franz telling me that I was set to meet Kimi this evening to finish the interview. I sighed in frustration. How was I going to get enough out of him to write a good article.

    Instead of scheming on ways to get a good interview out of Kimi, I ended up taking a nap. I looked at the clock when I woke up. 6:00pm. Panic set in and my heart began it race, my interview with Kimi is at 6:30 and haven’t gotten anything done. I sighed defeated, I knew I was going to lose my job over this. Maybe they will still take me back at my old job. They liked me there and I was actually good at that. American drivers are so much more friendly. Why can’t Kimi just make my job easy and co-operate? Does he not realize what’s on the line? My job, my life, everything. I frowned and went into the bathroom to make sure I didn’t look like I just got up from a nap. My brown hair hung in big loose curls around my shoulders. I pulled it back into a professional looking bun. I touched up my make-up and checked for any remnants of drool around my mouth. Once I was sure I looked good enough to leave my room, I grabbed my hand bags and my press badge and headed to meet Kimi.

    My boss had sent me the room number to his suite, so I could interview him there. Maybe he would be more comfortable there, or the more likely scenario, maybe he wont even open the door for me. I stepped into the elevator. I looked at my phone for the floor number. Floor 11, the top floor. Of course Kimi would be staying in the penthouse suite. I stepped out of the elevator and onto his floor. I could see his room at the end of the hall. As I walked towards his door I saw it begin to open. I saw a woman, and I quickly ducked into ducked into another hall to avoid being seen. I slowly peeked around the corner. Watching Kimi say goodbye to this woman, she was a tall brunette wearing a very short dress and she had her back to me. I pulled out my camera, making sure the flash was off, I snapped a few pictures. They were saying something, but I was too far away to hear and my lip reading has never been good. She placed a kiss on Kimi’s cheek, but his face stayed stony and uncaring. I quickly got hid behind the wall as she turned and walked down the hall to the elevator. I watched she walk past the hall that I was hiding in, I prayed she wouldn’t look this way and thankfully she didn’t. She was rail thin with straight brown hair parted in the middle. Her dress was incredibly short, almost so short to reveal her more intimate parts. I surely didn’t want to jump to conclusions, but if I had to guess I would say she was a hooker. I snapped one more picture of her getting into the lift. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. And then it hit me. I had the potential to write the best article ever written on Kimi Raikkonen. I was going about it the wrong way. I don’t even have to talk to him. If I can follow him around and find out the things he does that he doesn’t want anyone else to know. It would be such a scandalous article, revealing Kimi and his high end escorts. This may be my only chance for keeping my job.