Kimi ruins everything

“Ma’am, I told you. The man who left the flowers wanted to remain anonymous.” a middle aged woman at the front desk informed me. For the fourth time.

    “So it is a man!” I said triumphantly. A little information was better than none.   

“Yes.” the lady said shaking her head in disapproval at me.  

  “He said she would be persistent.” a slightly older woman who was also working the front desk chimed in.  

   “Boy was he right.” the first woman replied.   

  “Just tell me already.” I tapped my foot impatiently.   

  “Can’t.” was all the woman said this time, looking quite pleased with herself.  

  “I have a boyfriend.” I said crossing my arms “He didn’t send the flowers. I want to know who sent them so that I can politely inform him that I am taken.”    

“Don’t you realize? This man is trying to win your heart.” the older woman said. “It’s quite romantic don’t you think?” she turned to the other woman. The first woman nodded in response. 

   “Yeah, that’s why he sent the flowers.” the younger woman said. “Does your boyfriend ever send you flowers?” 

   “He doesn’t have to because he can tell me how he feels in person. Unlike some creepy, anonymous freak!” I was growing irritated. Not finding the idea romantic at all. I just wanted to know who it was and these women were getting on my last nerve.   

“Tsk, tsk. Sending flowers is such a sweet gesture. No matter what. Your boyfriend could take some guidance from your mystery admirer.” the older woman said.  

  “Oh my… ugh. Fine. You win!” I threw my hands in the air. “I’m leaving. I don’t care who sent them!”

    But I did care. In fact, it was driving me insane. I wanted to know who sent the beautiful bouquet. Stupid flowers.  

   It was no common knowledge around the paddock that Hulk and I were together. Who would not be respectful of that? What kind of arrogant idiot thinks they are so important that they can do whatever they want? Who would…    

“OH! That blood idiot!” It finally hit me. There was only one person that came to mind.   

The iceman.    

“Open up!” I banged on the door. “I talked to your press officer! I know you’re in there.”    

A few second later Kimi lazily opened the door. He raised an eyebrow, pretending to be surprised to find me on the other side of his door. As if he hadn’t heard me yelling and banging for the last five minutes. As if he didn’t know I would eventually put two and two together and figure out that it was him who sent the flowers.  

   “Are you coming in?” he asked, his accent was so strong. 

   “Yes.” I said confidently and then pushed passed him.  

   The hotel suite was large and luxurious. Although I have come to expect that. His hotel always is. Everything has to be the best. Of course he has the money for it since he is one of the best drivers on the track. I took a seat on the plush couch.   

“Can I get you something to drink?” he asked, following me in. He was just in a t-shirt and shorts. No shoes. It was odd seeing him so casual. He ran a hand through he blonde hair, ruffling it up.

    “No.”   

  “Okay?” he shrugged taking a seat on the same couch as me, but one cushion was still in-between us. He looked intently at me, waiting to hear what I had to say.  

  “I know you sent the flowers.” I got straight to the point.  

  “Did you like them?” he asked. Catching me off guard. He was so nonchalant about it all. Why was he not surprised that I had figured out it was him?  

   “I don’t appreciate you sending me flowers Kimi. I’m not available.” I said the last part very slowly for emphasis.  

  “I had to do quite a bit of digging to find out your favorite flowers.” Kimi ignored what I said. 

   “Kimi.” I sighed “You’ve got to stop this.”   

“Not until I get what I want.” He shook his head.   

“Why do you have to be so stubborn?” I shook my head, seeing that there was no talking him out of it. He simply shrugged in response. 

   “Ugh! You’re so annoying.” I groaned and stood up.

    “Where are you going?” he looked confused.  

  “Away!” I yelled as I stormed out.

***  

  “Did you ever figure out the flower situation?” Hulk asked while stabbing a piece of broccoli with his fork. 

    “I’d rather not talk about it.” I mumbled.

    “It was him wasn’t it?” Nico said darkly. 

   “Yes.” I groaned, slamming my glass back down on the table “Why can’t he just take a hint? I’m taken. Not interested. It’s going to happen, so stop trying!”  

  “Maybe I should talk to him…” before I could object to this idea, there was a knock on the door and Nico was getting up to answer it. Despite the fact that we were in my hotel room.

    I sat patiently waiting for him to return, but when it took a few minutes I got up from my seat to go and see what was going on. And when I went into the other room I saw who was at the door. Kimi. Just great. 

   “Look, she is mine. So just back off, Kimi.” Hulk said angrily.  

  “Oh, yeah? Where were you when she was getting attacked in Montreal? Or all the times I see her walking alone in the paddock? I’ve been there for her all those times. Not you!” Kimi spat. Oh he had done it now. He wasn’t supposed to tell Nico about Montreal.

    “Kimi leave!” I stepped into view. My voice was loud, but even. I wasn’t yelling, but I was being firm with him. 

“but,”   

“Leave. Now.”   

  He looked down sadly, before turning to leave. I walked over and shut the door. Nico hadn’t moved, he was deep in thought. I reached forward to touch his arm, but he jerked away. 

   “What happened in Montreal?” he finally spoke.

    “Its nothing.” I tried to brush it off. 

   “It doesn’t sound like nothing.”  

  “After you left, I was out. Downtown and some stupid guys approached me. I don’t know. They were all drunk and they wouldn’t let go of me.” I sighed not wanting to go into much more detail than that “Kimi appeared out of nowhere and made them stop. That’s it, nothing more.”  

  “Why didn’t you tell me?” his eyes finally met mine and they were full of hurt. 

   “I didn’t want you to worry.” I said truthfully.   

   He was silent again. And I was growing anxious. I just wanted to know what was on his mind. Was he mad? Was he going to leave me because I wasn’t honest with him? I couldn’t take that. Kimi was doing an excellent job of ruining everything.   

   “What are you thinking?” I finally asked.

    “I need time.” he spoke. “I’m going to go.”   

   “Please don’t.” I begged.

   “I have to. I need to be alone. I need to figure this… this out.”

    And with that he left. Leaving me to crumble to the floor, crying. Was I going to lose Nico? I was so mad at Kimi. He was destroying my relationship, just because he was jealous or something. I didn’t know what to do. I’m not even sure there is anything that I can do. So I just cried.