Three.

"Promise me you'll write me every day. Well not every day, just don't make it longer than two weeks that I don't hear from you." Jessica proceeds to squeeze me tight and then lets go, tears bordering her eyes. "Jess..." I wipe a tear from her eye and hug her again whispering, "I promise." She takes my hand and squeezes it tight and I go to my mom. "Well, when I come back, I'll probably develop an accent." She snickers and hugs me tight, "Stay safe, keep those grades up. I never doubted you, Ann." I proceed to my gate and turn around before going through, mouthing, "I love you Jessica Brianne" to my best friend and blowing a kiss to my mother. Jessica mouths, "I love you, too, Annastasia Rainne." I wave and hurry along the throng of people into my assigned seat. There is already a guy, I assume being around 16, sitting at the window seat. He has earbuds in and is writing into a notebook full of doodles of stars, planets as well as equations. After getting all situated the plane goes into flight.

The last time I was on a plane was two years ago when my father made a surprise trip to an island near our city. It was a short flight on a small plane but it was so rocky I was mortified that we would lean to the wrong side and end up crashing. I hope this flight is not as bad. A flight attendant with long, blonde hair who reminded me of Connie demonstrated the safety precautions of the flight and then instructed us to turn off all mobile devices. The guy next to me takes out his earbuds and I can faintly hear some classical song coming from it. After around fifteen minutes the plane does into flight. I grip my palms to the arm rests of the seats with such force I may rip it off. My ears start ringing and popping with every breathe and swallow I take. After a few seconds we get to a steady pace and settle down and my body relaxes from the tension. After a couple of seconds the pilot states that we can have our mobile devices back on and within seconds the guy next to me has his music on blast.

No sooner than we take off and pace the flight, attendants come around taking drink orders and giving out peanuts, pretzels, and chips. I calmly munch of the pretzels and flip through the magazines provided giving me no actual value, but at least it is something to keep the time going. Eventually, I end up falling asleep it hits me.