Eighteen.

In the midst of darkness a thin ray of artificial lighting hits my face and I awake from my deep slumber. I raise my head from a randomly hard surface and roll over. Bad move. I hit the frozen tiles, a loud echo clashes from wall to wall in this vacant area where I rested. My head is aching and my body is freezing, I feel as if I've been stuck in this absentmindness hiatus for years for I cannot recall how I ended up here, honestly, I can barely remember what I look like. Suddenly, a door creeks open, giving off an eerie feel within the room. A shadow before me resembles an enlarged teddy bear, the ones girls dream of getting from their boyfriends. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," a rather bothersome voice that favors a small Japanese boy, reflects throughout the room. From the midst of a shadow comes a......a black and white teddy bear?

"Oh my god, it's a talking teddy bear," I whisper way too loudly.

"I'm not a fucking toy, simpleton!" the bear exclaims, "You should fear me, you dumb blonde!"

"Excuse me?"

He takes a deep breath and I revert my memory to the first thing he refered to me as, "Did you just call me sleeping beauty?"

"Sure did."

"What, did I randomly prick my finger on a spinning wheel and sleep for 100 years."

"I was hoping that would happen," he sighs and mumbles, "but the bitch came back."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing, dear, please, come along with me."

He goes on his tip-toes (I mean, he doesn't have toes...so tip-stubs?) and reaches for my wrist and leads me out the room. We walk down a seemingly endless hallway until we reach a room with black and white tiles covering the floor along with a crimson circle with rays protruding the exterior. The walls were draped with scarlet curtains, behind them wasn't a window. It was just pure nothingness. There were 15 seats all lines up in a horizontal row, in front of 15 wooden thrones.

Everyone else was in the room, motionless, as if they were shocked by light which forced them to trudge along the tiles. Laying on the floor was Ashes, who made direct eye contact with me, he ran up to me and swallowed me in a tight embrace. I felt as if I haven't seen him in months, a few years even. Everything that I remember is in such a blur.

Seconds later the doors slam open and 15 figures covered in black cloaks emerged from the empty space, filling each chair. When they are all seated, Monokuma comes in front of them, "When I call your name, you are to sit in your rightful seat, got it?" He gestures to the seat farthest right, "Adam, Ashes, Kate..." he went all through our names until he got to the final three, "Kyle, Avery, and last and least Charlie."

Monokuma stands before us, "Years ago, Hope's Peak Academy was established to celebrate the excellence in student talent. Our school was an instant success, for we had a wide variety of talent which spread as petty as being an amazing fangirl and reader to as far as being an astonishing athlete and musician. With that success we decided to pass it down to each and every one of you. You, my pupils, are a direct dna offspring of my former students."

We all looked at each other in utter confusion, Kyle was the first one to speak of that confusion, "So, what you are saying is that we were created in a lab with direct genes from our host/parent?"

"Well, if you want to put it that way."

I looked up in disbelief, "Are you telling me I was adopted this whole fucking time?"

He ignores me and goes on, "This is not any ordinary academy, however. The only way to get out of this school is to murder someone and get away with it, unlike your host, you will be mentored."

He let the words process before saying, "Now, I will need all of you to remove your robes."