Fifteen.

Kyle and I walk into the courtyard annd sit in the farthest area away from the main building. 

"Perhaps we should go back to our dorms before suspicion rises with us being the only ones who fled." 

"I agree, I'll see you at dinner?"

"Yeah."

We both walk into the dorm house, into the elevator and we split ways. When I walk into my dorm Ash is sitting on the bed, "Hey."

"Hey, want to go out now, maybe after we get out for a bit dinner will be ready?" 

I shrug and get out the doorway into the hallway with Ash behind me. We take the elevator down which stops on the fourth floor for some odd reason, "That's weird, I guess we are taking the stairs." We get out and walk down the hall, when we get halfway down we hear a door slam...hard. Following the slam we hear a dull crash and turn around. Behind us was a frame facedown on the ground, Ash picks it up and holds it in front of his, scowling. 

"What?"

"That's weird, I can't really tell what the painting is."

"Probably because you have it upside down."

"How would you know that?"

"The signature is upside down, I believe."

When he turns the photo around, the image shows a man on his knees before a large scale figure of a woman.  What is mostly interesting is that the color scale changes between the two, where the woman is painted with bright, beautiful colors while the man is painted in dark blues. 

"Hmm, I wonder what that's about."

Ash hangs the photo back into it's designated spot, as he does that I find the caption, "Unrequited Love by Miki De Goodaboom, that makes sense."

"How so?"

"Unrequited is when you love someone and they do not return it, that's why the photo is that way. The man is clearly in love with the woman who he sees as her world, when he sees her he sees beauty and colors, much like the sunset. The thought of her...and the colors is so strong it brings him to despair which explains the darkness, and he is stuck. He gets the happiness of seeing her but the despair of knowing she'll never love him back."

"Wow, that's so dark, I wonder why it's in a school, especially considering it's called Hope's Peak." 

"Maybe he has a false sense of hope believing that she will eventually love him." 

"Ah, I see what you did there."

"Yeah, perhaps we should venture off now."

We walk back down to the stairwell and get out the building walking around campus. I must say, it's so beautiful, especially accompanied with the colors of the sunset. After walking for an hour we saw students go to the dining hall, "Maybe we should get going, Ash."

"Wait, Rainne?"

"Hmm?"

"I thought about what you said about the painting, and I don't want to end up like that guy. Since you've arrived I've thought about you a ton, I really like you, and I swear it isn't infatuation...but will you, you know, date you--I mean me? Like, be my girlfriend?"

I give him a puzzled look, he goes on, "I know, I sound ridiculous. You don't even have to do so now, you can think about it if you'd like, I'd understand if you don't...He walks away from me head down. 

My mind suddenly crashed into our first real heart to heart, everything he told me. No one has ever done that with me, I needed him.

"Yeah."