Nine.

She leads me through a throng of students, all who, compared to me, are giants. She takes me to her office, which is painted all white with an exception of an accent wall which is, of course, black. She goes behind her dark black desk and gives me a rather large box, "Look, I know your mom couldn't send your things with you because there wasn't much...so I took it upon myself to give you stuff to help you out. "Oh...Aunt Ann-" she interupts me, "Go on, open it." I rip the tape off and it reveals a small box, but not just any box, an authentic box holding an  iPhone5s, as well as clothing that I should say are...Kawaii. And a bag for a bedspread as well a few fun pillows of a YouTube subscribe button, and emojis. I don't recall having anything this nice, no matter how silly it is. I look up at my aunt and embrace her in a hug, "Thank you so, so much." 

She leads me out of her office into the building of dorms, in a steel plate it labels "Freshies." I walk through the dorm enterance to an elevator, going to the 6th floor. We reach room 664, where my name is on a piece of masking tape along with other names that read as follows: Victoria Ross, Ashes Dawn

Aunt Ann gives me a key to my room that hung off a black and white lanyard which read Hope's Peak over and over. I unlocked the door seeing my roommates already there, one chilling on the couch, another hanging photos on the wall, listening to music, blasting through a speaker port. As the door creeks open, they turn toward my direction, making everything ten times more awkward than speaking in public. "Oh, hey, Ms. Meyer," a girl who greatly resembles Marceline (Adventure Time) looks up and smiles. "Hello, Victoria. Ashes, Victoria, this is Anastasia, my niece, she will be sharing the room with you." Ashes turn toward me and he lights up, "What's up,  Anastasia?" My lips curl into a smile, "Call me Rainne." 

"Ah, Rainne...so where's thunder?"

Oh my god, seriously? 

"Oh my god, was that weird?" Victoria starts laughing really hard, dropping a poster in front of Ashes' feet in the process. I pick it up, "It's not that it wasn't weird, it's just that everyone asks me that question when they meet me...nice Oli Sykes poster by the way." Aunt Ann leaves the dorm, closing the door only until it cracks. Victoria stumbles off the bed and shuts the door, "Ugh, I hate when people do that." 

"I know, right?" 

She glows at me, "So, you're a fan of Oli Sykes, huh?"

"Yeah, I do, honestly." 

She laughs, "Someone finally has a good taste in music, I kinda have to force Ashes to listen to my bands, but now that we have a 2-1 vote I guess bands win!" She puts her hands up in a double high-five fashion, "DOUBLE HIGH-FIVE!" we both scream in unison, laughing all through the process. "Tch, nerds," Ashes rolls his eyes and hops on the bed. Victoria grabs a pillow from her bed and proceeds to beat Ashes with it, him screaming and flinching at the most awkward moments.

"Grow a pair, Ash, jeez." 

"You were beating me with a pillow, what was I supposed to do?" 

"It was a pillow, Ash, you reacted like I was murdering you."

"Well, I mean, you could have murdered me if you wanted to."

"Can't argue with that logic."

Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun....tap tap

"Bag delivery!" Someone is at our door and proceeds to knock again with light, quick taps to the door. "Alright, alright, I'm coming!" Victoria opens the door to a bellhop suited in black and white holding a box, "Luggage for Anastasia Meyer!" He drops the box her feet, "Ow, what the fff- thanks." He scampers down the hall to retrieve more boxes and bangs on more doors. 

"Rainne, got another package." 

I rip the tape off the box and pull up the flaps, revealing things I have never seen before in my life. There are clothes I have never seen, at the bottom is an envelope. 

Anastasia,

I was not aware until now that you were going to be overseas for education. I realized that I am not the best father in the world, I never was. I know that once you graduate high school you most likely will never see me again. I wanted to take this time to confess and explain a few things so perhaps you would have a better understandment of what happened between your mother and I. 

When you were eleven, I went out to this dinner date with my secretary, your step mother. Honestly, you were too young to understand but your mom and I had some deep, deep issues. I wish I would have worked them out with her but I just thought that we would better off leaving them alone. Back to that dinner date, Daddy did some things that he regrets. I did things with my secretary that I would be seen doing to Mommy and I am deeply sorry. I know I left without warning, I have no idea how you guys took it. I feel as if this was a long-awaited and needed apology. I know, I am not there at all anymore, and I know you think that I favor Connie more than you. That is not the case. I am your actual father after all, aren't I? I love you. I hope you succeed. 

Love,

Dad

I take the letter as well as the envelope and throw it in the nearest trash can I could find. My dad is trash, my dad's new family is trash, his BS apology is trash. He is no where near my father, he won't be ever. The only thing he achieved is holding an erection long enough to give me a life.