Six.

"Attention passengers, we are preparing to arrive to the Anglesey Airport. Please lift your tray tables to the proper position and remained seated and buckled up, thank you."  I turn my head in Kyle's direction, again, he is rapidly air conducting to God knows what. I tap him on the shoulder and he freezes mid-position, eyes wider than a deer in front of headlights. I point to his tray table and move my finger upwards. He raises and eyebrow and cocks his head to the side, irritated I flip his tray table upwards and secure it in place. He goes back to listening to concentrating on his music, bobbing his head up and down to whatever harp strums, violin screeches, and flute trills they are known to man.

Kyle takes an earbud off and offers it to me; I take it and put it in my ear expecting some wild flute solo or something of that nature. The music goes to insane and fast and then everything slows down. Like your mind switches from the reality of the real word to the calming high you get on drugs. I close my eyes, listening to the calming nature of the song. In my brain I see images that the me in reality wouldn't want to see.

I look down at my feet staring at my old, tattered Mickey Mouse onesie. I'm in the bedroom of my old home. I'm so confused at the setting it takes me some time to remember how to get to where. I walk downstairs to the kitchen we used to have, admiring the grand staircase that spiraled to the wonderland below. Suddenly I am before my parents, my dad sitting in a chair and my mom on his lap, resting her head in the crook of his neck, smiling. She was happy. 

I see the images of my father and at that moment the music stops and I am listening to the tone darken, but in such a manner that it is almost inspiring. The music was intense, but uplifting at the same time. Like a man losing a limb crawling out of battle, his trail of blood marking the pain and struggle he went through. 

Now, I'm walking outside, the setting changing to the city site. Now I'm on a balcony at an upscale hotel room. My father is chilling on a black, shiny leather couch. The room is dimly lit with the chandelier above him, then, a blonde woman comes in front of him. She is wearing a wine colored dress, a tight fit, but it works perfectly for her hourglass figure. I see her face, and and it hits me..hard. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, long legs. Connie. Connie...it's her mom. I stare down at myself, I'm still wearing the Mickey Mouse onesie...the same one I wore when I was eleven. I look back up and she is all over my father, her red lipstick covering his face more than coats of a seductive red paint does a wall. They collapsed to the couch and I didn't even need to keep staring to know what he did. 

Then, he is in his room with my mom, kissing her with less love or lust as he did with Connie's mother. 

Now my mom is on the ground, bawling her eyes out, my dad going back to his room and out the door, again and again. Getting boxes and putting them into a truck, then, kneeling before my mother handing her papers and a pen, making her sign everyone. Tears tinted black, strained with mascara, dotting every paper with the heartbreak of her marriage officially ending. She didn't even know why it was ending. She didn't know what he did to her. He just woke up one day and thought, "Hey, I'm going to leave my life and date a girl closest to someone of Bay Watch." After she signed the final paper, taking custody of me with a shaky hand.

He left. I stood by the door, sliding down the wall to the ground, in a defeated manner. He steps toward the door, pauses, looks down at me and walks out. I never said goodbye to him. As he walks down the steps to the driveway I ask, "Where are you going?" I shut the door, the echo of his existence lies in the high ceilings. My mom stands up and stares at her ring finger. The diamond is now dull, the gold rusted, her heart tanted. She rips the ring off her finger and throws it to the wall with such force a small dent is formed. The force of pulling it off her hand causes her finger nail to cut her ring finger. Three pink verticle lines dotted with red. She screams and the tears fall faster every second and she collapses to the floor. The sound barriers in our home, broken. I remember that same day he left, she never  left the foyer, I don't think she even woke up when she hit the ground. And I was too paralyzed and confused to try to revive her. 

"Rainne!" Kyle shakes my shoulder back and fourth until I get out of my trance. I cannot move and all because I'm too bewildered to do anything. The same black, mascara lines stream my face as it did my mother. I look up at him with bloodshot eyes. 

"We're in Anglesey, let's at least get off the plane and we can talk later.