Seventeen.

We all stared at the bloody corpses laying lifeless, the gym was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Rolling down one of the stairs was the eye of a victim, dragging a thin stream of blood with it. The fear of seeing that was worse than being in a room infested with roaches as they crawled all along your naked flesh, leaving trickles down your spine.

Victoria let out a loud scream and fell to the ground, second later we were all in havoc. Alexander started throwing up and everyone else was paralyzed and then moving again back and forth, screaming and crying. A minute into the panic attacks men wearing all black or all white came and grabbed people as their screams grew louder.

Avery was first to resist, and then Cayman, Adam, and Kate followed  suit, kicking and punching the officials and spitting every swear they could thing of. Then, they all fell to the ground, a sedative dart in their calf muscle, stopping the resistance. Suddenly, four arms were around me as my panic grew stronger, "NO LET GO OF ME! LET GO!"

I started crying harder, Ash turned around, "LET HER GO!" He grabbed the arms of the official and fought them away from my arm, he kicked the other offical in the chest. Another official took a needle and stabbed it in his arm, making him fall out as well. 

"NO!" 

I was too weak and hurt to fight off, so I let them take me away. I didn't get far in the hallway which tey dragged me; I lasted halfway until my mind started going blurry and I couldn't see a thing. 

I woke up in a darken room that was slightly illuminated through the glass of an overhead lamp in another room connected to the one I was in. I lean back in my seat, not going very far, I was restrained by a metal band around my head connected to a chair along with wrist restraints, ankle restraints, and a loose fitted neck restraint, which kept my head up. A man wearing a white lab coat takes a thermometer and drags it around my forehead, pricks my finger, and takes my blood pressure, and records it all. "Okay, Anastasia, you're in great condition. However your neuro transmissions indicate that you're cortisol hormone has increased which indicates high levels of stress."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I just saw people get murdered, an eyeball roll down the stairs, and my friends being taken away with God knows what being done to them! Why the hell would I not be stressed?"

He adjusts his coat and his glasses and says in a calm tone, "Watch your language. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about but I'm sure you're just hallucinating."

"Are you an idiot? This talking bear just skewered a whole gym of people!"

"Calm down, Anastasia."

"Don't tell me to calm down, I just saw people DIE!"

An official walks into a room without saying a word and and places a disk in a monitor. 

"What is this?"

He continues to ignore me and plays the disk, "What are you doing?"

"Congratulations, you are one of the fifteen lucky students chosen to endure our rigorous activities that are not for the faint of heart. Your main curriculum  will be pertaining survival, strength, and intellect. Good luck, student, hope to see you at graduation."

With that, he walks out the room and leaves me in silence.