THIRTY-ONE: THAT'S WHERE YOU WENT WRONG

xxxi. there's a place where the lost things go

-•-•-•-

{"Who wants to be one of the good guys? Everyone knows the villain's more interesting.}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

"Tristan, I swear to god if you don't shut up I will magically throw your ass out the window!" Jennie exclaimed in annoyance.

The boy had been joyfully singing along with the radio for the past ten minutes. Which would be fine if he wasn't belting out the song, purposely making himself as obnoxious as possible.

Tristan grinned. "Oh, cheer up Jennie-boo. Today's a good day."

Jennie made a face. "Ew, don't call me that,"  Tristan rolled down the car window and stuck his head out, taking a breath of the cold air, "And keep your eyes on the damn road! Do you want to kill us all?"

Tristan chuckled as he rolled up the window. "Relax, Genevieve. This day is supposed to be the best day of my life. So if you can remove the stick from up your ass it'd be much appreciated."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Besides, it's not like you would die anyway." A voice spoke up from the back seat.

Tristan let out a victorious cheer while Jennie whirled around to face the boy in the back. "Hey, you are supposed to be on my side asshole."

"Sorry," Ethan apologized.

Jennie scoffed. "I should've just left you guys at home and done this myself. You're both so bloody annoying." 

Tristan looked over at the girl with a grin. "You know that's an English thing right?"

"Yeah, I know," Jennie said. "It's a habit I kinda picked up from my girlfriend."

"Hope's English?" Ethan asked.

"Her family is, yeah."

"She is?" Tristan asked in disbelief. "I don't think I've ever heard her say the word bloody. Or anything British sounding at all."

"That's because she doesn't, not anymore. She used to say it all the time but stopped once most of her family died. It was too painful for her I guess." Jennie explained, shrugging at the end.

"Wait didn't you hate her? Why would you pick up her mannerisms if you didn't even like her?" Tristan voiced.

A look of shame washed over her face. "Well, the thing is I kind of did it to mock her. Then it just kind of...stuck."