TWENTY-EIGHT: WE'RE BEING HUNTED

xxviii. what cupid problem?

-•-•-•-

{"It's Cupid, stupid."}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

Alyssa Chang was refusing to give up the location of the Ascendant.

After Jennie disappeared, it didn't take long for the Tribrid to figure out what had happened. Her suspicions were confirmed when she found an ascendant in Alyssa's things.

The witch was now sitting in a cell in the Salvatore School basement, doing yoga. Hope was leaning against the cell doors trying to get information from the young witch. She was refusing to cooperate.

"Enough with the illusion spells, Alyssa." Hope demanded, "Tell me where the Ascendant is."

Alyssa remained silent.

Hope sighed. "Why isn't my truth spell working."

"Hmm," Alyssa voiced, her back to the Tribrid. "I guess that anti-charm potion I took is working."

"It is," Hope replied as Alyssa got on her feet. "Too bad, you could use a little charm."

"Enough with the damn games, Alyssa," Tristian spoke, walking into the room as Alyssa did a back-bend. "Help us being the Saltzman's back."

"Why, so you can be the hero and save the day?" Alyssa asked, but got no response.

Hope turned to the boy. "What are you doing here?"

"Helping." He answered. "It looked like you could use some."

"I was doing just fine on my own." Hope defended and Tristan chuckled.

"Sure."

Hope rolled her eyes. "I don't need your help protecting my girlfriend. Alright?"

"Oh my God," Alyssa spoke up, pulling her leg up behind her. "Look, this isn't about you and your weird alpha male thing the two of you got going there. Though, if I knew how annoying you'd be I would have sent you both away too."

"How's this? You tell me where the real ascendant is and I won't pluck your eyelash extensions out one by one." Hope threatened, giving Alyssa a sickly sweet smile.

"Sorry, but I don't negotiate with basic witches. So, I'm never telling you where the ascendant is. Namaste."

"If I have to torture you I will. We're getting Jennie back. Whether or not we have to cut off your fingers to do it is up to you." Tristan took a step forward, his voice dark.