TWENTY: YOU WERE THERE FOR ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS

xx. since when do you speak Japanese?

-•-•-•-

{"Impressive, but I'm more of a French girl."}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

Jennie and Hope were sitting side by side on a bench in silence. Neither of them had spoken for the last five minutes. They didn't know where to start.

Hope shifted awkwardly and Jennie sighed. If she didn't start talking this was going to go nowhere.

"So..." Jennie looked over at Hope. "What happened that night? The night you went into Malivoire?"

Hope turned to face Jennie, sighing. "Basically, Malivore was created with the blood of a witch, a vampire, and a werewolf. I thought that I was the key to stopping it since I'm a Tribrid. But because I haven't fully activated my vampire side yet, it didn't work. I was still poisonous to it though, so it spits me out and I came back here." Hope briefly explained.

"And my father? How did you end up with him?" Jennie questioned quizzically, fulling turning towards the girl.

"I came across a monster and I tracked it to Mystic Falls High School. I met Dr. Saltzman while looking for it and we took the monster down together. I tried to hide everything from him but he figured it all out. I've been staying with him ever since."

Jennie sadly smiled at the girl. "Wow, even without memories you two have quite the bond." Jennie dryly chuckled, trying to conceal her emotions.

Hope looked at the girl sadly. "Dr. Saltzman mentioned that something happened between you two. Clearly, I've missed out on a lot. How long have you been a vampire?" Jennie sucked in air as Hope continued. "I saw you vamp speed. What happened?"

Jennie exhaled slowly. "It happened the night you jumped into Malivoire. And as far as what? I think it'd be easier to show you." Jennie extended her hands towards Hope's face, waiting for her approval to continue.

Hope nodded and Jennie placed her hands over Hope's neck and cheek. The girls closed their eyes as Jennie took a deep breath, whispering a spell.

Images from that night flashed through their minds: Will knocking Jennie out, him trying to hang Jennie, the two fighting, and then Will running his blade through the brunette.

The two girls gasped as they pulled away from each other. A tear streamed down Jennie's face but she was quick to wipe it away.

"Oh my god." The auburn breathed out, looking up at Jennie, eyes watering. "That's horrible. I'm so sorry Jennie."

"Don't be, it's not your fault." Jennie gave the girl a small smile. "Besides your the one who saved me. Your blood anyways. Twice that night actually. So I guess I have you to thank."