TWENTY-SIX: CAUSE THAT DOESN'T SOUND CREEPY AT ALL!

xxvi. i couldn't have done this without you

-•-•-•-

{"You're always there when I need you the most aren't you?"}

-•-•-•-

Betrayal: it was an interesting thing. Or at least the feelings that followed an act of betrayal were interesting.

You'd think it'd be pretty straight forward. Someone betrayed you—hurt you— and now you hate them and everything they stand for, right?

Well, the truth of the matter is it's a lot more complicated than that. Simply because of the fact that betrayal never comes from the people you don't care about. It comes from the people you love and trust more than life itself. That's what makes betrayal hurt so damn much.

These people had a piece of your heart and a place in your world. You cared about them and they cared about you—or so you thought. Then suddenly in one blow, your whole world is ripped away and your heart is shattered.

You want to hate them; damn you'll convince everyone that you despise them. You want to believe that they are a heartless piece of shit that's dead to you but deep down you still care about them.

Because despite everything that just happened, they were important to you. And you can't just stop caring overnight, no matter how hard you try. But don't get it wrong, every time you see them it was a reminder of what they did—what they ruined. And then anger quickly takes over, masking all your other emotions.

That's how Jennie Saltzman was feeling right now seeing William Jacobs standing before her: shocked, hurt, but most of all angry.

"You have about five seconds to get the hell out of here before I rip your bloody head from your neck!" Jennie threatened.

Will rolled his eyes. "Relax, would you? I need to talk to you."

"Talk? You want to talk?" Jennie was seething. "Well I didn't want to be murdered either but I guess we both can't have our ways." She spat.

Will looked around hastily. "Keep your voice down. We're in public."

Jennie chuckled but there was no amusement in her laugh. "You think I care? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand?"

"Probably because if you do I won't be able to tell you who's trying to kill you now." Will reasoned.

Jennie took a step back. "What?"