THIRTY: IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT?

xxx. you can't save them all

-•-•-•-

{"You have to choose: him or her."}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

Jennie rubbed her eyes as she walked towards the doors of the Salvatore School. She had just come from the docks. What she was doing there, she had no idea. She couldn't remember anything. In fact, she couldn't remember a lot from the day. If she wasn't a vampire, she would have thought she'd gotten drunk.

Jennie paused when she heard someone yell from inside, "Jade! He's in the house!"

Wendy.

Jennie yanked open the door and rushed in only to see Wendy on the floor, seemingly unconscious, and Alaric headed towards her with a sword in his hand.

"What in the actual hell is going on here?" Jennie questioned and Alaric's eyes locked on her.

"Where have you been?!" Alaric demanded.

"Down at the docks. Though I don't know why. I think I might've hit my head or something because my memory is super fuzzy." Jennie answered.

"Whatever, we can deal with that later." Alaric dismissed, scanning the room wildly. "Right now I need you to go to the bar and help Josie."

"What happened to Josie?" Jennie asked her voice slightly panicked. "Dad, what's going on?"

Jennie got her answer when Jade came into the room using her vampire speed and shoved Alaric, sending him flying across the room and he landed on top of the piano.

"Tag. You're it. " She laughed and Alaric quickly got on his feet, swinging his sword at the girl. She was able to catch it, holding it between her palms. Jennie stood by and watched, not quite sure if she should intervene. "Oh, come on. Let's not fight. We don't want to waste any of that blood." Jade said, her eyes red, dark veins underneath them.

Her father was visibly struggling—a sight that gave Jennie unexpected pleasure—and it was clear that he would need to be saved. How unfortunate.

Jade's eyes swiftly moved to Jennie, finally acknowledging her presence. She studied Jennie carefully as if she was trying to decipher whether or not Jennie was going to make a move to save her father.

Jennie crossed her arms and leaned against the wall, making it clear that she wasn't going to do anything to stop her. Jade smirked.