TWELVE: ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS RIGHT NOW?

xii. there's a mummy on mainstreet

-•-•-•-

{"You're scared of a dead person wrapped in toilet paper? Wow, that's pathetic."}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

"Dad, can I please stay here?" Jennie begs her father.

Alaric had just told her that they were going to go on a trip to find the urn with Lizzie, Josie, Hope, Kaleb, Dorian, and Emma. Although the trip itself didn't sound so bad, being with her sisters did. They haven't talked since that night.

"No, Jennie. It's a family trip and last time I checked you're still part of this family."

"Doesn't feel like it," Jennie mutters under her breath.

Her father doesn't hear and continues on. "It gives you an opportunity to get out of school for a change. Spend time with your family."

"You're making it sound like I'm this stuck up teenager that wants nothing to do with her family and stays inside her house all day," Jennie says, irritated.

He gives her a look. "You know what I mean."

Jennie rolls her eyes. "Why can't I just stay here. Hope may be going but I still have Landon and Will here."

"Oh right, the secret boyfriend who has been avoiding me like the plague. Yeah, like I'm going to let the two of you stay here unsupervised. You're going end of debate." Before Jennie could oppose, Alaric walks off, causing Jennie to huff. "Fine!"

Jennie groans once he's out of sight. "Why does life hate me so much?"

-•-•-•-

Jennie was squished in the backseat of a minivan, sitting next to Dorian and Emma. She originally was supposed to sit up in the middle row with her sisters, but she declined and opted to sit in the back.

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very white of you," Kaleb announces his displeasure from the front seat.

"It's retro." Alaric defends.

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels,"  Lizzie comments with disgust.

"I brought snacks," Hope announces as she sits up from searching through her bag, handing them out. Hope turns around and passes Jennie a pack of Oreos, they were her favorite.