THIRTEEN: EVERYTHING'S GOING TO BE JUST FINE

xiii. the boy who still has a lot of good to do

-•-•-•-

{"We're teenagers, our lives are just beginning. We still have years and years to make our mark."}

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

THE PACIFIC NORTHWESTERN UNITED STATES, MANY YEARS AGO:

A beautiful, brunette girl, Evita, was laying on a patch of soft, green grass staring at the sky above her.

She was stargazing with her triplet siblings, Winston and Lyla. Her brother Winston was the eldest of the three, Lyla was the second, and Evita was the youngest.

It was the night of the triplets 22nd birthday and after a long day of celebrating the three wanted to do something peaceful together.

"You know, father said that tonight was some sort of celestial event," Lyla spoke up, tearing her gaze away from the stars to look at her siblings.

Evita let out a small giggle. "Maybe that's why the stars look extra beautiful today."

"Just like you little sister."

Winston groans. "Ugh, how did I get stuck with two saps for sisters?"

Evita playfully nudges Winston on the side. "You love us, admit it."

He smiles. "Of course I do, doesn't change the fact you both are sappy idiots." The two girls grin.

Evita looks back up at the sky. "I wish we could stay out here forever."

"Me too." Lyla agrees.

"As do I, but we all know we can't. Speaking of which, we should probably get back to the house. We don't want to worry mother." Winston sits up, pulling himself off the ground.

"Yeah, yeah." Lyla complies, standing up beside her brother.

The two look at their sister who hasn't moved. "Come on Evita." Winston offers his hand and she sighs before grabbing it, pulling herself off the ground.

A few months later

"Lyla! Lyla! Look at the pie I made." Evita calls her sister over to look at her new creation.  "It's apple!" She exclaims.

Lyla walks over to her sister and takes a look at the questionable pastry. "Oh is it?"

The brunette nods excitingly, missing the disgust laced in the girl's voice.