Doodles of Stars

In all directions there was a star, flying across the sky and away from their problems

In all directions there was a star, flying across the sky and away from their problems. Rosalind wished she was a star, so she could fly away from her current problems.

The problem being Sirius Black.

Rosalind sat in the window of the attic, legs dangling off the ledge of the window. She tilted her head, gazing upwards and taking in the scenery. Maybe if she doodled enough stars on her arms then she would became one.

A new type of animagus. Now that would be an impressive new type of magic and a great story she would tell Sirius.

If they were still friends.

Which they were not.

Confusion was scattering her thoughts and feelings. There was a job to do: defeat Voldemort and keep Harry Potter safe. These tasks needed complete focus and attention but she wasn't able to achieve that. She needed to train her brain to focus on the happier times, the people who deserved her attention and how to stay focused on the mission at hand.

Maybe her and Sirius' broken friendship is the only way for Rosalind to be truly happy. Yes, it hurt right now but with time it would get better. She had these unrealistic dreams of her and Sirius' potential future, but they would stay drams forever now. It may be dramatic to think in such a way but after what happened just hours ago it didn't seem to ever happen now.

Rosalind gave a sigh of defeat.

"Stars aren't that boring are they?"

Rosalind looked over at Sirius with a raised brow. The brunette could feel goosebumps all along her legs due to the harsh conditions of the Autumn winds. Rosalind had spent the time since the argument thinking about her refusal of their friendship and came to the conclusion that she made the correct decision.

"Don't say anything." Sirius carried on speaking. "You will hurt the stars feelings and an upset star is dangerous." Pulling the blankets from behind his back, he placed them along Rosalind's legs.

Needless to say Rosalind was moved by his kind gesture but she didn't thank him, not even knowing how to say such simple things in his presence. 

When the two were sat together in silence for a few moments, Sirius latched onto Rosalind's arm and moved it up to his eyes, looking at her newest drawings. She felt a bit like a puppet, but didn't say anything as his fingers trailed around the stars on her arms. Rosalind tried to give the man a dirty look to get him to stop, but she couldn't get herself to do it in any major ferocity to hurt him.

"I'm sorry." Said Sirius, releasing her arm. "I should of explained everything."

Rosalind couldn't answer, her body wouldn't allow her to. Thankfully, her body also gave her a distraction by the sudden feeling that her legs were about to fall off from the cold. Once her legs were crossed and away from the cold she turned to the man who was already staring at her.

His stare both made her want to hide away and giddy at the same time. It was an odd combination of feelings.

"She, Emmeline, I mean, reminds me of Lily Potter." Sirius whispered, his voice low so nobody else would hear the confession, even though everyone else was in bed except the two of them.

But Rosalind heard him loud and clear but she almost wished she hadn't as the air disappeared from her lungs and the guilt quickly replaced the jealously. "Oh." Was all she said, her throat too closed up to say anything else.

"Lily was one of my best friends, a sister and I couldn't stop myself from speaking to Emmeline when I saw her, it was like getting Lily back for a moment even if it was short lived."

"You're shaking." Rosalind commented, taking off the blanket and wrapping it around Sirius' body. She knew he wasn't shaking because of the cold but she didn't point that out, she knew he wouldn't want it to be pointed out.

Sirius just nodded.

"Lily must of been amazing." Rosalind exclaimed quietly, not wanting to break the quiet that had come over them.

"She was." He agreed.

Rosalind sent Sirius a small smile before speaking again. "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Sirius scooted closer to her in order to share the blanket.

"I do."

The man shook his head lightly at her response.

"I do." She repeated more firmly the second time. "I overreacted and shouldn't have pushed you to explain yourself."

Sirius interrupted. "You had every rig-"

"Shut up and let me apologise." Rosalind laughed slightly at Sirius' facial expression when she spoke before carrying on. "I was jealous- stop smirking- and I reacted badly and for that I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology but only to make you feel better, not because you actually have anything to apologise for."

"Stubborn bastard." Both of them laughed at her comment, it had been a while since they had laughed together as friends.

And Rosalind desperately wanted to be friends again.

"Sirius?"

The man hummed in acknowledgment.

"Can we be friends again?" She asked, bravely grabbing one of Sirius's hands and holding it tightly in her smaller ones. "Please?"

Sirius sighed loudly in relief. "Thank fuck you asked that. I've missed having ink all over my hands while we haven't been speaking. "

An image popped into her mind of Sirius with ink in other places besides his hands. Merlin, did she have an ink kink? Rosalind quickly shook her head to get rid of the dirty thought and the blush on her cheeks.

Rosalind was officially friends with Sirius Black again.

And maybe, just maybe, Rosalind could finally admit to being completely and utterly in love with Sirius Black.