Doodles of War

"People are going to die

"People are going to die."

The angel of death had always been imagined as the omnipotent being leading the way to the dimension where departing souls are bound for the rest of their time. A permanent solution for a permanent ending. Throughout time the angel of death has been a connection to the living, as the angels could be traced back to being part of the human race. It had always been a puzzle that humans were keen to solve but with no real substantial way to experience death without dying.

The afterlife appeared gentle and ethereal.

A dream that radiated peace.

But the angel of death no longer led you 'home'.

Voldemort had become the new angel of death. Muggles were being slaughtered. Wizards and witches were being tortured. Innocent lives were being taken. Death was a tragedy; nobody would leave this war unscathed, and that reality had hit Rosalind violently.

Rosalind Grindelwald held no anger or pain for what was occurring around her, holding only fear for what the feeling inside of her had predicted. Her mind acted as its own form of torture, elevating her primal fear and decreasing any self-control she had. She had started off with nothing to lose and now, Rosalind Grindelwald had everything to lose.

The Burrow was busy, every individual preparing for the brutal battle ahead of them. Each person was brave, a reassuring smile and wand at the ready. They were all so different, each with different strengths and weaknesses but they were a family prepared to die for the greater good.

Rosalind wanted to protect them; unleash the power she had all those years ago as a force-field, sacrifice her own life in favour of her fiancé and daughter. She was a Grindelwald, a wielder of dark magic and someone who was feared but now she couldn't even perform a single spell.

There wasn't a hint of magic in her blood.

She felt powerless, a cheerleader stuck on the side-lines, cheering on the ones she loved as they strolled directly to their deaths.

"Rose," Sirius whispered, angling his body to obscure the duo from the view, "you doing okay, love?"

"I should be asking you that." Rosalind huffed, placing her hand on his knee, "You're shaking."

Sirius laughed with no real humour, "I'm terrified."

"So am I."

He smiled, hands moving slowly to cradle her face, "we're going to be okay," he pulled her into a tight hug, repeating his words, "we're going to be okay."

"I know" she hugged him tighter, "We always are."

The plan to retrieve Harry Potter was a simple one. Considering how simple the plan was, it would be assumed it didn't take long to come up with but having more than ten people with ideas and much too powerful personality's, it had become a grab for power very quickly. Mad Eye Moody had been victorious.  Rosalind hadn't tried too much to get involved with the plan itself, she followed the lead of others, knowing she had nothing to contribute to the Order anymore.