Doodles of First Year Wizarding

Oftentimes, Rosalind does her best to avoid being in the presence of Severus Snape, the majority of the time she is successful, either by blatantly refusing, breaking a bone by throwing herself off a chair, or making her daughter cry as an excuse ...

Oftentimes, Rosalind does her best to avoid being in the presence of Severus Snape, the majority of the time she is successful, either by blatantly refusing, breaking a bone by throwing herself off a chair, or making her daughter cry as an excuse to leave the room.

Benjamin had called her evil for the last one, but she found it to be a necessary sacrifice to make.

Rosalind would be lying if she said she liked the man. She didn't hate him, but she definitely didn't like him. She had no desire to be in his presence, especially in her own home, but in some instances it is needed. As despite their mutual dislike for the other, Dumbledore had requested their arrival at Grimmauld place immediately.

Unfortunately for Rosalind, luck was not on her side as when she entered the dinning room there was not a chair to throw herself off to avoid the meeting.

Albus had likely anticipated her next move and efficiently removed each and every one of them.

Dumbledore stood with three steaming cups of Earl Grey tea and what appeared to be a tin filled with sherbet lemon, impeccably dressed in bright purple robes with stars along the bottom of his cloak.

"Hello Lind." Dumbledore welcomed, "do you have your wand with you?"

For half a second, Rosalind froze. She really should have listened to Sirius' reminder to grab her wand before she left the cottage. In her defence, however, her magical abilities had completely disappeared nearly nine months ago with no signs of returning and even before that, she never used a wand to perform what she needed doing.

The last time she used her wand was years ago, and that was to reach up to a spiderweb on the ceiling when her and Benjamin lived together in their small apartment which had been painted yellow, much to Benjamin's displeasure and Rosalind's glee.

"Not to worry, Sirius sent it ahead of time."

Yes, Rosalind would definitely be thanking the man when she arrived home.

The awkwardness hung thick in the room as silence overtook the three occupants, though Dumbledore appeared less then affected as he still smiled merrily at the reluctant duo. If there was one thing she hated more then spending time with Snape, it was awkward silences, especially when she had not brought her pens with her to distract herself with.

Since Katrina had been born, she had been forced to swap in the pens for a diaper bag.

"Harry has some suspicions over Severus," Dumbledore began, plopping a sherbet lemon in his mouth before continuing, a bit muffled "but we mustn't let that get in the way of your training."

"There's nothing to train." Snape finally spoke, disdain always evident on his face

Once again, Rosalind was reminded of why she so strongly disliked the man.

"Severus." Dumbledore warned, "Now, shall we begin?"

"No."

"No."

"Oh, look at us all agreeing already," The overly joyful Headmaster clapped his hands together, "it is going to be a productive day."

Rosalind grabbed her wand from the table, "I can assure you nothing will be productive, I have no magic."

"Or brain cells."

"Snape, I will murder you brutally and painfully."

"With what magic?"

Rosalind made a face, pointing her wand at the man, "Sectumsempra!", her wand stayed dormant, not a single spark or flash, nothing happened.

"How do you know that spell?" Snape demanded, rather then asked.

"Look who lacks brain cells now." Rosalind ripped her gaze away from a fuming Snape, and turned to Dumbledore, who was still devouring his sweets. "I think we should move onto less dangerous spells to try, how about a simple one."

Eventually, an hour or so had passed and the trio were not any closer to bringing back her magic, Snape had given up around fifty-nine minutes ago, and finally, Dumbledore had given up himself, for the day anyway.

"If she can't even complete a simple first years spell, how on earth is she meant to fight in a war?" Snape argued, avoiding the woman's stoic stare and glaring at Dumbledore, who only picked up his tin of sweets and offered them to the man in response.

Despite her complicated relationship with the man, sometimes she very much appreciated his humour.

Dumbledore approached Rosalind, giving the girl a pat on the shoulder that she hadn't expected. "We can try again at a later date."

"I don't see much point," Rosalind responded, taking a sip of her cold tea, just the way Benjamin liked it. "If nothing has happened in nine months, nothing is going to happen."

"Maybe if you actually tried?" Snape offered

"Die."

Dumbledore managed to stop them from physically attacking each other, him with a spell and her with, well, the first knife she could get her hands on.

She wondered just what went wrong in his life to make him into such a vile individual, he probably stood on a Lego, that would be enough to make just about anyone turn into a villain.

A perfect villain origin story in Rosalind's personal opinion.

"I must take my leave, but Lind, I need to remind you of what I told you when you first joined the Order. Trust Severus, no matter what happens in this war and to me in the upcoming months, trust Severus, no matter the evidence against him."

Rosalind furrowed her eyebrows, she was just about to ask Dumbledore what he had meant, but he had already apparated away, leaving her with Snape, who appeared to be highly uncomfortable with the Headmaster's final words.

"Did you shag him or something because I can't think of another reason that explains why he's so fond of you?"

"No." He spoke simply, disgust apparent on his face

"Then why?"

"I could ask the same of you."

"Me shagging Dumbledore?" Rosalind pointed at herself before smiling widely, "I have seen a photo of young Albus but alas, he is gay and old enough to be Merlin himself so no, he is just fond of playing noughts and crosses with me."

Snape didn't say another word, just prepared to apparate away, whilst Rosalind prepared for Sirius to pick her up.

He nodded as his form of farewell, "squib."

Rosalind nodded herself, "Half Blood Prince."

The last thing Rosalind saw before the man apparated away was a shocked expression on the usual scowling man's face.

Author note - Is that 2 chapters within a day? Dare I say it is!