Doodles of Cornelius Fudge

"How do you keep winning

"How do you keep winning. You chea-" Rosalind huffed, scrubbing the ink off her arm, the red residue still remaining slightly, reminding her off her multiple embarrassing losses. How someone could be so talented at noughts and crosses was a mystery to her. "It's just not right."

Without missing a beat, Dumbledore smiled (looking very arrogant in Rosalind's opinion), "My apologies, dear."

"If you were sorry, you wouldn't be smiling like that." Rosalind dropped her voice down a couple of octaves as the multiple voices raised in volume outside the medical wing.

"Regrettable, but all the same, Minerva." Cornelius Fudge's heated voice making his presence known to the occupants of the room (whilst nobody, not a single person, wanted him to be in the room).

"You should never have brought it inside the castle!" Minerva McGonagoll appeared behind the man, arms crossed, and face contorted in anger, "When Dumbledore finds out-"

Severus Snape stood behind the duo, blank expression on his face.

"What has happened?" Albus frowned, carefully watching the now conscious Harry Potter, "Why are you disturbing these people? Minerva, I'm surprised at you- I asked you to stand guard over Barty crouch."

It was late at night, but Rosalind's mind couldn't find the rest she desperately needed after the day she had experienced. The Wizarding World was in a pretty bad situation. It was so very bad. Cedric Diggory was dead. Lord Voldemort was alive. Death Eaters were active again. The future was so clear, innocent lives were going to be ended simple because of the unimportant blood running through their veins. And here Cornelius Fudge was, pretending all was normal and everyone was overreacting to a boy being murdered.

Fudge wasn't protecting the world; he was protecting himself.

There had to be a reason, why was he acting in such a way? He must have a reason to be making such cowardly decisions. Was ordering Barty Crouch to be kissed by death worth the lives of thousands of innocents? From his defensive stature and harsh words, it seemed that the impending abductions, torturing, and murder of wizards and muggle alike was worth it.

Dumbledore needed to bring the Order back together. He needed Rosalind as his weapon of mass power.

Rosalind's eyes snapped open, the muscles in her body going tense as she felt Fudge's attention centre on her sitting figure. The voices from outside the hospital wing were muffled by the ringing in her ears, drowned out by the pounding in her chest.

"How-how dare you!" Cornelius threw his hands up in the air, his fingers tremoring as he did so, "She is not to be here." He hissed, struggling to contain his anger as he took a step out of the room.

"Rosalind is a guest of my invitation," Albus calmy spoke, "as are you."

With a grim look on his face, Cornelius Fudge let out a large puff of breath, before leaving the room without a word or response to Albus.

Rosalind hadn't spoken even a single word to the man who clearly despised her, he wouldn't have wanted her to, that much she could predict.

Behind her back, there were noisy movements, before Molly Weasley began to scream like a banshee. The large, shaggy dog who was so interested in her game of hangman hours earlier was no more, instead stood a tall, long-haired, malnourished man.

Sirius Black. The infamous, mass murderer, and Azkaban escapee, Sirius-bloody-Black.

"Him!" Severus Snape snarled, a dark glint in his eyes as he stared at the man, "What is he doing here?"

With a deep breath, Dumbledore turned to the two men, his tone holding no patience for any arguments, "He is here by my invitation. As is everyone in this room, I trust you all and it is time to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."

"That's definitely going to happen." Rosalind whispered to herself, not seeing the small, amused smile Sirius sent her way at the comment.

The two men stepped forward, shaking hands for less than a second. She swore she saw Snape subtly wipe his hand on his robe the second they let go of each other.

"Now I have work for each of you." Albus smiled at the inhabitants of the room, lifting his hands in front of his body to address everyone individually. "Fudge's attitude, though not unexpected, changes everything. Severus-you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready...If you are prepared..."

Severus flinched very slightly before replying, "I am."

"Sirius," Albus addressed the man (who was now sat next to his godson, who was looking very sickly), "I need you to set off after I finish talking. You are to alert Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher-the old crowd. Lay low at Lupin's for a while, I will contact you there."

Sirius' smile faltered as he peered down at Harry, who now looked less sickly and more scared.

"Rosalind, I must go downstairs and see the Diggory's. I will meet you in my office later. I have an important mission for you."

Rosalind's face didn't even waver as he spoke, "Of course."

She hadn't even the effort to argue. Her hand only reaching out to pick up a coral-coloured pen, firm fingers enclosed on the plastic as she drew patterns onto her knuckles. The touch of the pen on her skin was calming, easing the pounding in her head, but not granting her enough calm to accept her fate. Rosalind Grindelwald would be in the centre of the war, without the chance to even argue or complain, exerting her body and mind beyond the capabilities of the normal witch or wizard. The darkness rattled around her ribcage dangerously. The pounding in her head turned to the roaring of monsters, growing louder and louder the more she thought about the dangers in her future.

"You'll see me very soon, Harry." Sirius comforted, his eyes piercing into his godsons, "I promise you, but I must do what I can, you understand, don't you?"

The roaring fell silent. The calm entered her mind again. Dumbledore peered at her knowingly but remained silent, eerily silent.

"Yeah, yeah, of course I do."

a.n-

Rosalind is a baby (💓) and I will die for this woman with zero hesitation!

Also, can we appreciate Dumbledore'a parenting skills, handling these grown arse adults bickering like children (NOT SNAPE WIPING SIRIUS OFF HIS HAND 💀). I don't like Dumbledore, like at all, but he is handling this shit so calmly 😭

I'd of lost my shit on these two men 😳

This chapter has been rewritten and edited, and I'm so excited to make this story so much better 🤎

Love you all, thanks for reading and stay safe!

- Narnianaos