Doodles of Almost Moments

"Is it nice?" The tall, handsome, grey-eyed man questioned with amusement plastered on his face

"What?" Rosalind peered up from her plate full of a weird assortment of foods, mostly carrots and lollipops.

"Your food?" he smiled gently at her, "Is it good?"

"Oh, yeah, it's great. Thanks."

"Compliment Molly, not me."

"Oh yeah." she replied, not knowing what else to reply

"Yeah."

Sirius' eyes were such a unique tone of grey as they peered at her from underneath his thick, dark lashes, his eyes scanning her figure. "What's in that pretty head of yours?"

"I-I" She couldn't think, he was just so pure, inside and out. She averted her gaze to the corner of the room where Molly, Harry and Mad-Eye were conversing, before her eyes flickered back towards his.

Sirius' hand covered his mouth, hiding his amused smile from her view, not wanting her to become even more flustered and embarrassed. In Hogwarts, Sirius had used his appearance to get attention from the other boys and girls around him, for a temporary amount of time anyway. But, there was something about Rosalind's awkward state that had him wrapped around the woman's little finger.

Unbeknownst to Rosalind.

"I really like you," She blurted the words unthinkingly, her mind in total mush. She felt like she was going to collapse, "just as a friend."

There was a tense moment of silence between the duo, the noise from the party fading into the background.

Sirius blinked, and blinked and blinked again, before a smirk grew on his face. He bent his back so they were on the same level, face-to-face. "Just friends? I'm offended."

"Why are you offended?"

"Just friends." He repeated, face getting closer and closer until his nose was nudging hers.

"Rose?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?" His breath tickled her lips as his lips pulled into a small, gentle smile, eyes holding an immense amount of love in his eyes.

Though Rosalind knew he didn't love her. Perhaps Molly had put alcohol in Sirius' drink. That would be the most logical explanation to that look in his eyes.

"Yes." She finally replied, a bright blush on her face. She prayed he couldn't feel how quickly her heart was beating against her rib cage. Sirius' lips grazed her own, the pressure barley there as both their eyelids flickered closed.

"Have you seen Molly and Harry?" Remus' slightly panicked voice interrupted the almost kiss between the blushing duo. "Sirius!"

"What?" snapped Sirius, only turning his head slightly away from Rosalind, not fully wanting to forget about their almost moment.

"Molly and Harry are gone."

Remus' words seemed to drain all of Sirius' previous anger away and he ran out of the room, not even sparing Rosalind a glance.

She didn't feel hurt though, she knew Harry was Sirius' top priority, not her.

Rosalind took a moment to compose herself before following Remus, Sirius and Ben out of the room.

"Riddikulus!" Molly's distraught voice reaching her ears, sobs wracking through the woman's body.

As Rosalind entered the room she saw Sirius' pale face staring down at the lifeless body of his godson.

"Riddikulus!" Remus' voice shouted in an attempt to get rid of the creature that had caused Molly such distress.

However, the boggart's attention had turned to the newest entry, Rosalind. It changed from Harry's body to a mass of black, a loud screeching noise echoing around the room. Rosalind simply waved her hand and the black mass disappeared into a cloud of confetti.

She ignored the confused looks she was receiving from the people surrounding her, except Benjamin, and stalked out of the room, leaving them to console a hysterical Mrs Weasley.

Rosalind dodged Sirius' hand that had reached out to grab her and left the room, Benjamin worryingly rushing after her.