Doodles of Shopping

Sirius' invitation had been on Rosalind's mind for days

Sirius' invitation had been on Rosalind's mind for days. Even as Benjamin and Rosalind walked through Diagon Alley looking for Christmas presents it was still on her mind. Sirius had invited her to spend Christmas with him a few days ago, wide smile and hopeful look in his eyes as he waited for her reply. In Rosalind's mind, and she was aware it didn't make much sense, spending Christmas with someone was a much bigger step in a relationship then admitting love or being intimate.

After all, they had only been dating for just over a month.

"What are you buying for Remus?" She questioned, pulling her coat tighter around her frame to protect herself from the cold December weather.

"What are you buying for Sirius?" Benjamin countered guiding Rose into a shop, the hot air from the shop hitting their frozen faces.

"Oh, I've already got him his presents." She replied, attempting to take off her gloved hands.

"Young love, adorable. Melts my heart." He sighed dreamily, helping Rosalind with her gloves. "I swear you're the only person over eight who still wears mittens."

"Don't judge the mittens, mittens rock!" She defended, "and I'm also older then you."

"By two weeks, Lind, just two fucking weeks." Benjamin had picked up a glass ball to play with, nearly dropping it multiple times earning worried looks from the shop keeper.

"Guessing it's still a touchy subject."

"Speaking of touchy subjects, how is your sex life?"

A woman walking past the pair with her two young children had given Benjamin such a reprimanding look for his question that it made Rosalind want to hide under her bed and never leave. Benjamin, however, didn't seem disturbed by the women in the slightest.

"It's...we're not discussing my sex life, especially not in a public shop." Rosalind whisper-shouted at the man who was still staring at her expectantly waiting for her answer. "Plus, it is a private matter that should stay between me and Sirius."

Benjamin lifted his hand up in surrender. "Fine." He muttered, putting the glass ball down on the complete wrong shelf causing Rosalind to quickly pick it up and put it in the correct place. "Have you decided what you're going to do about Christmas?"

"Not yet. I want to go but I don't want to be a nuisance."

"Highly doubt Sirius would ever class you as a nuisance." Benjamin scoffed. "He treats you more like a miracle sent from Merlin himself."

Rosalind only hummed in response, blush prominent on her face. "It's not just that, everything just seems to be moving too quick."

"So?"

"It's only been a month."

"Lind, you need to live a little and go all in."

Rosalind thought over Benjamin's advice as they walked towards Grimmauld Place. She had always admired Benjamin's attitude towards life, how he was always so confident in himself and what he wanted. Not worrying about every little thing or consequence was one of Rosalind's goals but it was much easier said then done.