Doodles of Margaret Grayler

4 months to go

4 months to go.

Sirius was a headless chicken, an attractive headless chicken but still a complete madman. His robes had burn marks on them from when he had accidently set himself on fire just minutes ago.

He hadn't even flinched.

But Rosalind had captured the image perfectly with her reliable multicoloured pens. Her trusty forearm, which was now decorated with a stickman accompanied with long hair, badly drawn features, a beak to capture the essence of his chicken type behaviour, and fire surrounding the image.

It was, in Rosalind's bias opinion, a fucking magnificent work of art.

"The flames aren't red enough." Benjamin critiqued

"That's because there green." Rosalind replied, adding blue ink to her masterpiece. "I ran out of red."

"And green was the closest colour to red?" He stared at her with complete parental disappointment. If Benjamin ever had children, they needed all the help they could get to fight against that stare.

"A work of art doesn't have to be realistic." Rosalind responded

"But it does have to be good." Sirius chimed in

"Stop." Rosalind fixed the two men with her own parental stare (she had been practising), "I'll use the hormones radiating around my body to cry. I'll do it."

"Oh Merlin please don't. Crying makes me uncomfortable." Benjamin shuddered just at the thought

"People make you uncomfortable." Rosalind corrected, "People are just terrible."

They both shuddered this time.

"Sirius." Rosalind called, "You father to be in just four months, please sit down and breathe."

The man did just that instantly.

"Like a trained puppy." Benjamin whispered towards Rosalind before moonwalking out of the room, only tripping once which is an improvement from the three times he tripped last time he did the moonwalk out of a room.

"I love you." Rose spoke to Sirius, admiring the gentle smile that adorned the man's stressed face.

"I love you too, so, so much." He kissed her forehead softly. "I can't believe we're finding out the gender today."

"Is our bet still on?"

"Oh, of course, my beautiful girlfriend." Sirius responded. "To be clear, if its a girl, you win, and if its a boy I win?"

Rosalind nodded to confirm. "I'll tell you the results the second I get back from the hospital with Ben." She promised. Rosalind knew he was upset that he couldn't attend the muggle hospital alongside her and it broke her heart, he didn't deserve this, he deserved to be free, they both did.