21• My In-Laws

Good morning and sorry for the late update 😊.

not edited

Jiddah's POV

"Are you ready?" He asked. "Yes, I am" I said adjusting my veil to my head. "I'm sorry about what happened yesterday" he scratched the back of his head. "You always apologize but end up doing it again" a lone tear slipped from my eyes.

It became worst ever since the day he came to visit me in school and met Azeemah, he now hits me over a slight mistake or any opportunity he gets. Few years ago, I use to get beaten up by my Uncle's Wife over silly things so it isn't a new or strange to me, but I trusted Yusuf, I never saw it coming so it hurts more. "I said I'm sorry, what else do you want me to do?" He went out of the room. His Mother is done with her treatment and Alhamdulillah the surgery was a success, they are coming back to Nigeria today so we are going to the airport to welcome and pick them up.

40minutes

"Mom" he walked forward and hugged her, she looks more beautiful in person. "Sannu da hanya Mommy" I greeted, "Come, come here" she said, "Okay" I moved forward and gave her a side hug. "Ina yini Abba, ya hanya" I squat a little. "Lafia qalau Dear" he smiled. "Maigida see how beautiful my Daughter In-law is looking, come and give me another hug" she said, the woman seems to like me alot. She said I'm beautiful but to her son I'm just the opposite. After exchanging pleasantries, their luggage was put in the trunk and we drove off.

The smell of turaren wuta hit my nostrils the moment we stepped foot into the mansion. "Welcome Back Sir/Ma" all the workers started greeting and welcoming them. Few minutes later we were all seated in the Dining room having dinner. "I'm still waiting to hear the good news from both of you" My mother inlaw broke the silence. "What news?" Yusus asked, I'm also lost.

"Ohh ohh, Mom!" He exclaimed as if he remembered something "Yeah" she eyed him, "Very soon. Right?" He held my hand, if I'm not mistaking they talking about conceiving. "Ye..Yes" I replied. "Allah ya muku albarka, you both look so adorable, masha Allah" she smiled. His father is not much of a talker he just nods his head in agreement to all what his wife say.

Two Days Later

"Jiddah! kina Ina ne?" "I'm coming" I said and came out.

"Didn't you hear me calling since?" "I was bathing Maryam in the toilet" I said rapping the towel on her. "Get ready, the driver will take you" he said. "Okay, Thanks."

I got myself and Maryam ready then went to Mom's room and bid her good-bye, the mid semester break is over and I'm going back to Gwagwalada. The house was so peaceful not like before when Farha made sure she made it a living hell for me, she's not in the house of course, but I'm sure they meet elsewhere.

Maryam was already fast asleep when we arrived home so I had the chance to clear up some things and also read my books, exams is fast approaching. Later in the night I called Azeemah to hear wether she's back from Adamawa.

"Judging by his test, I'm sure that man's exam questions are going to be tough" she sighed, "I know right, we just have to read and pray hard" I chuckled. "Soo how was the break, I'm sure it was too short for you" she teased. "Because you this Married women ko hmm ba a magana" she laughed, if only she knows. "Know it wasn't short, infact I was so eager to resume school" I giggled. "Toh Al Huda Huda" she laughed. "Eh naji din. Goodnight" I smiled. "Okay Goodnight, Greet my Baby for me" she said, "okay zataji" I looked at Maryam who was busy playing, that's why I don't like letting her sleep for long in the afternoon, she won't sleep in the night on time.

"Come here" I stretched my hands to her. "Mama" she laughed. "Na'am baby nah, it's time for sleep" I patted her back. "Bismikallahuma amutu wa'ahya" I whispered to her ears and continued tapping her back lightly, she began to blink her eyes and then later fell asleep.