3•The Gift

Third Person's POV

She couldn't sleep, tossing around from edge to edge on her mat, she was sleeping in the kitchen yard, Inna said she has to sleep here for delaying the dinner.

The mosquitoes kept singing in her ear and sucking her blood. She was having mixed feelings, She's happy they are done with their exams, in the other side, she's sad Uncle Ashraf, The NYSC Teacher is going. He's the only person that talks to her in a nice manner, who understands her, and make her feel better, he's a teacher and a friend at the same time, she remembers the moment they shared and their last conversation.

"Congratulations on your completion of BECE" he smiled, showing he's white set of teeth and dimples, "Thank you Uncle, it won't have been possible without you" She chuckled.

"I'm done with my service, may be this is the last time we'll see" he said, her mood changed and she nodded her head. 'Why are you sad, is he supposed to stay here all he's life and be a teacher in a school like yours?' she mentally spanked her self.

"Okay Best of luck, I'm going to miss you, So much" she found herself holding his hand, "Make sure you start SS1 Immediately, so you don't miss anything, okay?" He tried to lift up the mood.

"Yes" she burst into tears, "Don't worry everything will be fine" he hugged her, "Do you have a girlfriend?" She didn't know why she asked, was just curious to know, "Yes" he answered wondering why she asked.

"Okay greet her for me, she's really lucky" she chuckled. "Sure, here's a picture of her, her name is Zuhra"

She is beautiful, fair, tall and all that, she's got all the looks.

"Masha Allah" she simply said jelous of the lady on that phone screen. Life can be so good to some people.

'Im sure she's from a rich family like him, and now she's got Uncle Ashraf' she said to herself.

"I'll surely come visit you one day" he hugged her and handed a box to her, it looks small but pretty. "What is inside?" She asked happy.

"Open it later, Bye" he said, "I'm missing you already, nagode soaai Malam, please visit like you promised" she sobbed. "Sure Bye"
"Bye." and that was it.

She opened the box on her arrival at home, she was shocked to see a whole lot of money. "N10,000!" She shouted then covered her mouth immediately, though nobody was at home at that time, she has never seen even her uncle with such money, She was happy but at the same time scared that Someone may see the money, if such happens, she's doomed.

There was also a paper that read, All The Best.

"Thank you Uncle" she kissed the paper, "I have never seen anyone as nice as Uncle Ashraf, he deserves all the best, Ya Allah kacika masa burinsa"(oh Allah fulfill all he's dreams), she prayed silently.

"I'll tie the money in my wrapper" she decided. "...and anytime Inna doesn't give me food, I'll use N50 to buy Awara" She danced. Since her parents died, she has never been happy like that moment.

She heard a little noise then saw a figure in front of her, she was startled, she stood up trying to on the lantern but someone first her to it. "Habibu!" She said confused. "Yes Kyakyawa"( Beautiful).

"Do you want something?"she asked scared, "Yes, I want something, I want you" he grinned. She hissed and glared waiting for him to go out but be was moving closer. "Habibu if you come closer I'll shout Inna's name" she threatend.

"And when she comes I'll tell her how you use selling Alale in school to write your exams" he smirked."How..how" she was shocked, how did he know?, yes she pleaded with Inna to making Alale(moimoi) for her so she can sell and bring the money to her,Inna is a money monger so she gladly agreed.

"How did I know?, you always gave the Alale to Saude to help you sell it out, and that your Boyfriend will pay her for selling it, am I lying?"he completed.

She was already crying, Saude must have spilled the beans, after promising not to speak to anyone about it. "I just want to kias those lips of yours and that's all" he grinned.

"Allah ya kiyaye"(Godforbid) she said loud enough to he's hearing, "Then be ready to be beaten to death by Baba and Inna" he shrugged, "Wait, wait, Habibu please now, Dan Allah" she tried to cajole him. "You know I'm not a nice person this pleading of yours will do no good" he said.
"Just a kiss?"she enquired, "Y..Yes!" He stammered.

He moved closer to her and held her hand, Jiddah was in tears, he's mouth odour was already hitting her, she has no choice, 'Your life has no meaning, just let me he do it, if you still want to live' her mind said.

"Habibu!" Inna's voice startled both of them, Jiddah for the first time is glad to hear Inna's Voice. "Na..Na..a..a..am" he stammered.

"What are you trying to do.. with this dirty girl?" she asked with gritted teeth. Jiddah was taking aback, she thought Inna was going to scold him for trying to harasss her.

"Don't you know that her mother is a witch, do you want to get initiated into their wicked world?" She asked again. "No Mama, Godforbid, she was the one who seduced me"he eyed Jiddah.

"Ko?, You want to spoil my innocent boy for me, Shegiya Karuwa" (Bastard, sloth) she knocked Jiddah's head, she was Crying, she can't even defend herself, she's used to taking all the blames and never debate. If she says anything, it'll lead to beaten.

"If I see you near my son again, you'll get it from me" she knocked her more, Inna knew her Son was at fault cause she has seen him countless times staring at Jiddah, she won't let that happen, her son will be beaten to death by the village youth if he gets caught, moreover, what did he see that is so interesting about jiddah, she hissed.

"Let's go" she dragged him out of the kitchen yard. Jiddah broke down to tears, but later consoled herself, 'you need to be great full, that soak away mouth didn't merge with yours' she sighed.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Habibu😠😠😠
Eyaa The NYSC Teacher is going 🥵😩
And Jiddah😓😒💔.

I need you to tag your friends or anyone you think we'll like this book below Dan Allah. Please and please let's hit 500 reads in the first five chapters😩, vote and comment too so others can see🙃🙏❤️