14•The Visitor

In Honour of kturaki AishaUmar953 and  mormie96

Jiddah's POV

   My result is out and I passed in flying colours, I'm now doing little little businesses so we can gather money for my University. The Teacher in the school I wrote ssce said if I really want to become a Lawyer then I have to read very well so I can pass the University exam, he said I needed money too.

     I and Aunty Ai'nau engage in different businesses to see that we cater for the family. I'm on my way to the market to buy food stuffs while Maryam is on my back, she has been crying since so I couldn't leave her at home. A beautiful black car came and passed us and I couldn't help but turn to give it a second look, it must ba a visitor, no one in Yan Kwaba can afford such a big car.

   The car stopped and then reversed back to where I was standing, did the owner saw me staring. "My Oga want to talk to you" The person on the driver seat spoke, "Me?" I pointed at myself unsure. "Yes" someone spoke from the backseat. "Pretty lady" he said, it was a young man at his early thirties, he's light skinned and good looking I must say.

   "Good day" I greeted, "May I know the name of this pretty young lady walking under the sun, do you want to hurt your tender skin?" He asked, I couldn't figure out where he was heading to.

   "I don't give my name to strangers" I said, "Ohh Please, I'm on my knees" he  chuckled. "My name is Jiddah, are you asking for direction?" I asked. "Jiddah, a nice name for a pretty lady" he said.

   "Thanks for giving me such information" he said and drove off. Of what use will my name be to him?, well, it's getting late I need to buy the stuffs and go home.

⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️⛱️

The Next Day

   I was cooking in the kitchen yard when I heard noises outside, it's Hajia Mai dambu and Aunty Ai'nau gisting. Hajia Mai dambu in our house, what's the occasion. "Jiddah!" Aunty Ai'nau called, "Na'am" I came out. "Good news oo" she seemed excited.

   "Hajia Mai dambu's Nephew is here to take a wife and he's interested in you" Aunty Ai'nau said excited. "Hmm?" I was out of words, and who said I'm ready to get married. "Anyways I'll be on my way, Ai'nau persuade her okay, he'll come and see you later" She said and went out.

   "Jiddah come let's have a talk" Aunty Ai'nau said, "Listen to me carefully okay. You need to study, yes I know, but you also need a life partner that will help you through this path. It's not easy to be a single parent, a student, and a sponsor of yourself. This young man doesn't even mind the fact that you have a child, it's you he loves, and he's also from a respected family, the both of us know Hajia Mai dambu is a good woman"

   "Now listen, he even said he'll sponsor you to University. My prayer has finally been answered, this is the type of Husband I've been praying for you to get, he will take care of you, please accept this proposal with Jiddah" She concluded, I was confused, do I really want to get married now, and who is that Man?.

   "Okay Aunty Ai'nau, but who is he?" I asked, "Alhamddulillah, to ki shirya, he'll come so you two can talk later" she chuckled. "He lives in the city and finally, he's settling down, with my beautiful fine Jiddah, ah! That young man is lucky to have you" She seems excited. If he's religious,nice, kind, going to sponsor my University, and is going to accept my Baby girl, why not.

     "Now take your bath and wear something nice" she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few hours later he sent saying he's looking for Jiddah, I put my hijab and went out but was shocked, it's that man in the black car. Is he the Suitor?, Was that why he asked for my name?

    "Hauwa Kulu Jiddah" he said my complete name, I was impressed.

    "Assalamu Alaikum" I greeted. "W'alaiki Salam" he answered. "Barka da yamma" he said, "Yauwa sannu" I replied.  "My name is Yusuf,I'm 28 years old, I work in the city and I'm here to find a decent woman as a wife. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you yesterday, and all I want is for you to become mine, please accept my proposal" this is the best speech I've heard so far.

    "Okay I'll think about it, you know I have a Child right?" I asked, "Yes, and I'm okay with that. Infact I'll treat her like my own daughter Insha Allah" he chuckled. He's so sweet.

    "Please think well and gat back to me tomorrow, please" he pouted, I covered my face shyly and nodded. "So pretty Masha Allah, you're a beautiful girl Jiddah, do you know you're the finest in this Village, and I can't wait to get to know you better" his words are as sweet as he looks.

   "Insha Allah" I simply said, "Where is your daughter?" He asked, "She's inside" I gestured at the door. "Okay tell her Daddy said Hi" he handed a bag. "No please, that's not necessary" I shrugged away. "It's for my Baby not for you" he rolled his eyes, he rolled his eyes!.

     "Okay, thanks on her behalf" I chuckled, "Till when?" He asked, "I don't know" I said, "Okay, See you tomorrow, my regards to your Aunty" he smiled. "Ok Bye" I went into the house.

     "Har ya tafi" Aunty asked, "Eh ya tafi" I chuckled shyly, "An Dace kenan?" She asked seeing my reaction and I just nodded my head, "Allah Sanya alkhairi mu Sha biki" she clapped her hands.

    "Look what he got for Maryam" I laughed. it's sweets, biscuit, and chocolate, we don't have these types here. I shared it among the kids and left some for Aunty Ai'nau. The guy really seems nice!.
•••••••••

Hmm!Jiddah an samu Saurayi😂

  Pls vote and comment🌼🙏