25• Obstacle

Jiddah's POV

The Adhan from the near by mosque woke me up from sleep, I stretched my hands and whispered the Hailala, the clock on the wall says it's One already, "Subhanallah" I yawned. I've never slept for that long in my life. I walked to the bathroom and performed ablution. Came out and performed my nafil and zuhr salat.
I raised my both hands and prayed to Almighty Allah to guide and protect me and my daughter, and give me the ability to pass this test he has put me through. I lied down there and closed my eyes, the image of what happened to me four days ago that almost caused me my life flashing through my head, the pain I went through, the fear I saw in Yusuf's eyes, and what the the Activist said. My Heart isn't very sure of the decision I made, will it turn out to be the best or will I regret it. There is no doubt Yusuf is the cause of suffering and mystery I'm going through.

The pain of loosing a baby badly hurts and knowing the Father of the child isn't worried about it bothers me more.

How do u expect him to be worried, he planned it...his plan was to kill the baby anyways
My subconscious mind stated.

I miss Maryam, I want to see her, I'm worried about her, I don't even know the situation she's in right now though I'm certain Habiba will take good care of her. "Hauwa!" I felt a touch on my shoulder. "Na'am" I startled a bit. "Not again" she squinted her full eye brows. "I thought we've talked about this, overthinking will just do more harm than good" she said. "I..when did you come back?" I asked. "I've been standing here since" she said.

"My Heart isn't at ease, I want to see my Daughter, I'm scared Yusuf might do something bad to her" I sobbed. "Yeah, but do you have your maid's number off head?" "No, I don't" I said. "Okay" she sighed.

"Have you eaten?" The Doctor asked me, "No, it's not been long since I woke from sleep" I smiled. "Okay, look what I brought" she giggled. "What?" I chuckled. "Fried rice and chicken with salad and Apple drink" she said. "Okay, let's dig in" I said. "

"So, how was work today?" I asked. "It was stressful, I had two surgeries today" she sighed, I admire her so much, I wish I could go to work and come back exhausted too, but what I keep questioning myself is that, how can a successful woman like her not have a husband, well maybe it's because she's not a village girl like I am, we believe that no matter how successful a woman can become, she's not complete without a Man in her life.
"Did you hear that sound also?" She asked, "Huh?, What sound?" I asked, "I heard the door bell ring" she stood up. "....and I'm not even expecting a visitor" she murmured. "Maybe it's your boyfriend" I teased, "Good sense of humor" she rolled her eyes and left.

Few seconds later, I started hearing some sounds so I followed her suit, "Where is she?!!" That's Yusuf's voice, what is he doing here?? Ya Allah I hope he's not here to cause trouble, cause I'm sure Zuwairah is not going to let him go Scot free is he tries any nonsense with her.

"Yusuf?" I called, "Good. Here is your daughter, she can't continue to stay under my roof while her mother has neglected me" he pushed crying Maryam towards me. "Maryam Mai ya sameki" I asked her rubbing her tears away. "Yusuf why is she crying?" I asked him. "See Jiddah, I'm giving you from now till tomorrow, if u don't come back home then don't ever step your dirty foots into my house again, since you choose this stupid woman over your Marriage" he spit.

"Kar ka kuskura..."
"Doctor please" I begged her. "Yusuf I didn't choose her over my marriage, I choose my peace of mind and we'll being over this so called thing you call marriage, wait did u even say marriage?, Which of your duties as a husband have you fulfilled?, Did u give me the respect I deserve as your wife?, No. And someone here is willing to help me but you're calling her stupid. Yusuf I never want to go back to that hell you call home, you know better than anyone how much you've made me suffered all in the name of marriage, is not even me you love, so why so selfish and greedy?, Why can't you just let me go in peace" I said looking straight into his eyes.

"If you're willing to take back what you said the other day, then good and fine, I'll grant your wishes" he smirked. I was speechless, so this is about his self and his parents not I or our marriage.

"She is not going to that. Do yourself a favor and leave my house before I call the police!" Zuwairah quickly yelled. "Okay I'll leave" he raised his hands in defeat. "Yeah you should" she said.
"One thing I'll assure you is that you'll regret this, you're going to regret it" with that he left.

"Baby na" I hugged Maryam. "Mama" she chuckled, she wasn't crying anymore. "Baby na did he hit you?" I asked her. "How do you expect a 3year to old answer that, this man is a monster" Zuwairah sighed. "Let's go inside" she said, "Okay."

"Yusuf is a monster and a beast, he has done things worst than this before, do you know why I'm helping you?" She asked, "No" I shook my head. "It's because I want Justice for Fatima" she bit her lower lip. "Who is she" I asked.

"Fatima is a young girl that was brought to our hospital half dead sometimes last year, she was brutally raped by a man she identified as Yusuf, Sadly she lost her life a week after she was admitted. I wanted him to pay for his mistakes but Fatima's Parents were scared and so they refused to file a case against him, I don't know if Yusuf had giving them money or they were scared to file a case against an elite" I was already in tears by the time she finished talking.

"May Fatima's soul rest in peace" I sobbed. "Poor Fatima, It must have hurt her badly, she couldn't endure the pain" I sighed. "Yusuf, why are you Soo heartless, you desire for s*x however, wherever, and with whomever you wish, like an Animal....I hate Yusuf, wallahi I hate him"I sobbed. "Everything will be okay Jiddah, don't worry, I'm here for you, and I'll make sure you get rid of that abusive marriage, I mean how can you start a family with that kind of person, the one who the world has cursed and has gone astray" she pat my back.

"Thank you Soo much Doctor, I don't know how to pay you back, all I can say is Allah ya saka miki da alkairi, may Allah reward you for your good deeds" I said. "Ameen. Let's finish our fried rice" she winked. "Okay" I laughed.

The Next Day, 12:45pm

Zuwairah has afternoon shift so she left for work few minutes ago, Maryam was sleeping, while I was watching a movie. My eyes are on the TV but my mind is far away from what they are saying. I heard a loud knock that startled me, who could that be? I stood up and went to check and to my utmost surprise I saw Goggo, is she really the one or my eyes are just deceiving me, it can't be her, I mean what is she doing in the city and how did she know I am here. "Salama alekum" it's Goggo, I whispered.

"Goggo" I whispered the moment I opened the door, I hugged her and before you know it I was already in teers. "Goggo" I sobbed. "Na'am Jiddah"

"Jiddah what are you doing here?" She asked. "Goggo ki shigo, I'll explain everything to you" I said. "A'a I didn't come here to sit, Jiddah honestly speaking I am disappointed" she said. "Goggo meya faru, hear my own side of the story too please, I'm sure Yusuf lied to you" I said.

"Jiddah kar ki zama butulu Mana mai Manta alkairi. Despite what you've been through in the past, he loved you and took you in as his wife, he gave you and your daughter a chance to live, because of him your dream to enter University was fulfilled, he's sponsoring your education Jiddah, and you think the only way to pay him back is by leaving his house just because of a slight misunderstanding? okay now so these City people have changed you ko Jiddah, they've taught you their bad habit"

"Goggo don't believe him, he's using you to cover up his mischievous acts, wallhi tunda naje gidan Yusuf ban samu kwanciyar hankali ba, yau duka gobe fada" I sobbed.

"Jiddah I don't want to hear any more lies, if you take me as your Mother and appreciate all I've done to you in the past then follow me, now" her words Pierced through my ears. "Goggo please, don't do this" I cried.

"I don't want to go back to that house" I sobbed. "Okay, so you choose modernization and a stranger over me your Aunt that was there for you when no one else was, shiknan Jiddah ba komai na tafi" she sobbed. "Goggo wait please" I cried.