30• Null and Void

Jiddah's POV

It's been 3Months since the incident of the divorce happened and that means islamically, I am done with him, though my Maternal Aunt is still expecting Yusuf and his parents to come over for reconciliation or at least give us a call. The moment he uttered that divorce I felt as if a heavy load has been lifted off my chest, I realized I've been holding up for too long, that I deserve more than what my Marriage with Yusuf has offered.

Deep inside my heart I don't want to go back into that hell of a marriage, I want to move on with life, I want to achieve something in life, I can't continue been a slave inside my own husband's house, that's not the way marriage is done, I'm going to let Goggo continue with her delusion of Yusuf coming back to apologize, cause I'm certain he isn't going to do that, and even if he does, it'll be too late.

It's good it ended now, cause we both knew that the marriage was going no where. Besides, I won't want my daughter to grow up as total stranger in the house she lives, I don't want her be maltreated, I don't want her to go through what I did during childhood, and most importantly I want her to live a better and fruitful life. when I think more of it, I realize that this divorce is the best thing that happened to me for the past 2years.

"Jiddah" someone tapped me on my shoulder, "Yes" I raised up my head. "Jiddah I've been thinking about how to solve this whole issue and I decided call Uncle on the issue, so he can call Yusuf and...."

"You Did what?" I interrupted her. "I don't want your efforts to go down the drain, Yusuf is the one sponsoring your education and I...I.. believe he'll change some day, just keep on praying for him" she uttered.

"I can't believe you're asking me to go back to that marriage because of my studies, you know that's wrong, doing that means accepting the fact that I'm a gold digger and I married him for his wealth. I accept it that I made a mistake but now I have a chance of correcting it. Do you even have the slightest idea of what I had to go through in that house, there are still marks on my body and in my heart too. Yusuf Didn't come or call to get me back during the 3months of our divorce which means the marriage is now null and void and I'm never going to make the same mistake again. He Didn't care to call or send Any one, haba Goggo, kin manta cin mutuncin da ya mun ne, he divorced me and sent me out of his house knowing I have no relatives in that state. I can't believe you forget all this things and I ask me to think about going back to him, he Didn't even say he wants me back. And that so called man that calls his self my Father's Brother, he Didn't check up on me at all, he didn't call to ask how or why my barely 2years old marriage ended, he knows fully well that I'm taking care of his son's child but he never for once cared to check up on us" I sobbed, I've been holding it back for too long and I think I've heard enough.

"Aunty Ainau you're Asking me to go back to the two Men who made life miserable for me...I won't do that, even if it means giving up on my education, there is always a way out, when there is life, there is hope. I'm going to find a way out, I'm going to succeed, and without the help of any Man insha Allah, trust me I'm going to do this, but I need your help, I need you to realize that marriage is the lease I need at this certain point in my life, I need to protect my sanity, my dignity, and most importantly my Daughter" I said directly I to her eyes hoping I'll make any Sense to her, she has this traditional mentality stuck in her head.

"Alright Jiddah, Allah yasa hakan shi yafi Alkhairi" she said with tear-filled eyes. "Ameen" I managed to smile.

"Goggo I'm planning on doing something but I'll need your help to succeed" I said. "Okay what is it Jiddah" she asked. "I want to take back my inheritance from Uncle" I whispered. "Is there anything left, I think he's sold everything out" she said. "It doesn't matter wether he sold it or didn't, what matters is that Mai gari and the Elders know that my inheritance was left in his care since I was too young to handle them when I lost both of my parents" I said to her.

"Are you sure you want to do this, it's like declaring war against you father's side of the family" she raised her eyebrows. "Yes Goggo I'm sure, I've been thinking and this is the only way out, even if I don't get all of it back, let me get some part of it so I can start up a business. I'm bigger and more exposed now, I'll try and handle this well insh Allah" I said. "That's a Very brilliant idea Jiddah, and I really prays it works out, you're all grown up now Masha Allah" she smiled.

"How about your studies?" She added. "I can't continue with it Goggo, that's the reality and I accept it, I can't cope with the fees, the accommodation, and other bills. I also don't want to have anything to do with Yusuf from now henceforth,if I continue studying in that school he'll feel entitled and try to use it against me. Let's tackle this issue on ground first" I smiled.

I'm going to build up my life, the future is bright insha Allah.

•••••••
Double update😉
Drop your opinion in the comment box please😊😊