11•No where to be found

An update!

Jiddah's POV

  "This is my place, stand up"
"I sleep here" I said, "It's my place, I didn't spend the night here for the past three days" she said hands akimbo.

   "Sorry Faridah, I was the one that told her to stay there, Jiddah come here, the owner of the mattress is here" Fatima, the girl that helped me out the other day spoke. "Okay" I said moving to her mattress.

   The other day, she saw me crying and helped out, Fatima is a very nice girl. "Farida where have you been?"Sahibah asked, "I was with Alhaji Sambo" she made a ball with her chew gum.  "Babbar Yarinya!" Suwaibah hailed her. "Haka ne!" She laughed.

   "Fatima let's go, it's morning already" she said. We went out and entered a keke.

   "So it's the three of you that live here?" I asked, "Yes", "Are you siblings?" I aksed yet again.

   "Kinga muna Kama ne?"(Do we look alike?) She asked, "Noo" I smiled. "We met in the restaurant I work and became friends,they use to work there too but as you can see they found a better job" she said.

  "Ohh okay, then why don't you go for it too?" I asked, "I'm not ready to become a Mother" she said. "What do you mean?"

   "They sleep with old Men to get money, don't you grab" "Kaii, okay" I said amused. "Allah ya shirya su toh" I said, "Ameen" she whispered.

  We reached the restaurant and went to meet her Hajia, It was the restaurant I begged for food. "Sannu Hajia, Ina kwana" we squatted, "Lafia" she said. She was in a red and orange Ankara.

   "Hajia this is the girl" Fatima pointed at me, "tohh ya sunanki?" "Hauwa'u Jiddah"I answered.

   "Has she explained everything to you?" She asked, "Yes Ma, she did"

    Fatima told me all the rules and regulations of this restaurant yesterday. I need to work here so I can gather enough money to go to Yan Kwaba, I can't live here forever, right?.

    "Your work is to wash all the dishes, sweep, mop, and clean the tables and chairs" "Okay Ma, thank you Ma" I said happily.  "Tanimu" she called someone, "Na'am Hajia"
"Bring a uniform that'll size her"
"okay Ma."

Later in the evening🌆

I and Jiddah were walking back home and gisting, "If you get pregnant, she fires you, so better be careful, though I know you're not that type of person" Fatima said, "O.. okay" I stuttered.

   "Even Sahibah and Faridah got fired cause they got pregnant, they meet men during the course of serving food and collect their number, then meet at night, Hajia doesn't tolerate indecency, so we have to behave" She added, "How long will it take me to gather some money?" I asked, that's my only concern.

   "She pays per week, your pay is 5000, you know your work is much"
"Really?" I asked amused. "Yes,in a month you'll be able to gather N20,000" "What?, I don't need that much money, I'll just work for a week" I said.

     "You can't stop working after a week of employment, a month will be better" she said, "Okay but a month is too far" I sighed.

    "Okay, maybe I should borrow you money for transport" Fatima said, "What?, Where will I see you and pay back, don't worry I'll do it" I said. They live in a single room apartment, with a toilet and a kitchen, wonder why they are living away from thier family.

  The Next Two Days

Third Person's POV

In the village...

   "Salmanu you must tell us where Jiddah is" An elderly man sitting on a local Royal chair, they were in the palace.

   "Wallahi Ban sani ba, I don't know where she is" Kawu said furiously. "Since when?" He asked, "Since last week Thursday" he answered.

   "And you didn't bother to report the issue?, Salmanu you must tell us where you took Jiddah to?, Did you do rituals with her?, We know the fact that you never liked your Brother's daughter" The Man close to Maigari spoke, "Godforbid, why would I do that" he frowned.

   "Then why didn't you report the incident, if not for this woman we won't have known that jiddah is lost" he pointed at Aunty Ai'nau, Jiddah's maternal Aunt, the one that lives in Yan Kwaba.

    "Tell us exactly what happened" Maigari demanded. "I..I..was going to marry her off to Garba" he said, "Marriage?, The girl I came to take to school?" Aunty Ai'nau asked annoyed.

    "I think she ran away in the night because we didn't see her the next day in the morning" he added, "Why did you want to marry her off, is your daughter Jummai not older than her?" Mai Gari (chief) asked but Kawu wasn't able to answer.

   He wont say that jiddah got pregnant, it'll be a great Shame to their family. He never thought Jiddah could take such drastic action while Inna was glad that She ran away, 'I hope she dies,' she whispered to her self.

    "We've reported the issue to the village police men and they will try their best, Ai'nau have faith and be patient, she will be found Insha Allah" The cheif said to Aunty Ai'nau. "As for you Salmanu stay behind, the rest can go" he concluded.

   Aunty Ai'nau, Inna, their neighbor and others went home while Kawu was left behind. Kawu will be held in the palace till Jiddah is found, "Maigari ayi haquri, ayi haquri" he pleaded.

   "If it was any other person I'll let them go, but you, no way, Ai'nau also said that Hauwau's inheritance is with you, your neighbor also spoke about how you and your family treat Hauwa'u, Her father was a great and Humble man, and he has helped the village in various ways, his blood must not suffer" Maigari said firmly.

'amma wnnan Yarinya anyi tsinanniya' he thought to his self.

Jiddah's POV

   It's not easy at all, this pregnancy won't let me work well, I'm always feeling weak and feverish, I'm cleaning the kitchen and the aroma there is making my Tommy turn, I feel like throwing up, nobody must know that I'm pregnant, not even Fatima, Hajia will fire me if she finds out.

   I ran outside and began vomiting all that I ate today in the morning, all the workers began looking at me in a strange way and then Hajia showed up. "Kee!" She shouted.

   "Mai ke damunki?"(What is wrong with you) she asked, "Ma..ma..sa..ssara"(Fe..Fe..ever) I stammered.

     "Come here!" She yelled. I'm in trouble.
•••••••••••••

Pls vote|comment|share|follow💚🧡