23• Throwback to the past

Not edited...😌😔

Jiddah's POV

I did as we planned with Azeemah, I called Yusuf and told him what I noticed but I'll like to do a pregnancy test. She doesn't know how broken my home is, she thinks I and Yusuf met, fell in love, and got Married, she said marriage comes with obstacles and we'll be cool once again. She also doesn't know that I know he's having an affair, if she knew she won't be saying she's happy for me. "You're what?" He asked. "I said I think I'm pregnant" I sniffed.

"Wow, but it's been long since we got intimate" he said baffled, I remained silent.

"Okay. I'll come take you so you can conduct the test, do you have Exams today?" He asked, he didn't seem happy at all, infact he sounded pisses off, he thinks I'm happy about it, I can't be happy now, he should reason it too.

He came the next day and took me to a Medical Laboratory at UATH(University of Abuja Teaching Hospital), it's in Gwagwalada. He didn't utter a word since we arrived, so I just let it be. Few minutes later, a young man in a white lab coat came out and handed the result to Yusuf, the result came out to be positive, I felt hot tears rushing from my eyes, wether it was of agony or bitterness, I couldn't predict. "Thank you sir" he uttered, "You're welcome. Madam congrats" he said and left. We walked back to the car, and he drove off.

"You've not said anything since we came out, and even now that we've confirmed don't you have anything to say?" I asked. "What do you want me to say? Should I carry a microphone and start telling the world you pregnant?" He mocked. "Come to think of it Jiddah..." he said parking the car by the road side. "Are you sure you want this baby?, I mean look at you, you look lonely and broken, and you're also busy with school" he uttered. "Yusuf what are you trying to say?" I asked my voice breaking.

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't want this baby, I don't want to be a father, it's one hell of a responsiblity" he sighed. "Then you shouldn't have made me pregnant" I said. my heart was bitter. "It was a mistake. Let's get rid of this baby, without anyone knowing" he held my hand. "A'uzubillah" I jolted my hand back.

"Are you suggesting Abortion?" I asked, "Yes" he said nonchalantly. "I know a Doctor who can do it for us, he's very good at it. Farha did most of her abortion in his place" he smiled. Innalillahi wa'ina Ilaihi raji'un, ik married to a monster. "Yusuf you want to kill your own child?" I asked unbelievably. "Is just a pregnancy we are aborting, not a child" he laughed.

"Then what about my own life, are you asking me to risk my life for your selfish reason?" I cried, "Jiddah I told you there will be no risk, the man is very good at it" he wipes away my tears with his thumb. "Then what about Allah, what are we going to tell him on the day of judgement?, That we killed the blessing he gave to us?, Allah has forbidden abortion Yusuf and we both know..."

"Hey woman!" He raished his hand in an atempt to shut me up. "Knwo Yusuf, I'll talk and you'll listen to me" I sobbed. "We both know who is suffering in this marriage, instead of it to be nice versa, no, you're the one saying we should abort the baby. And if any complications should accompany it I'll be the one to take full responsibility. I know you're cruel but I didn't know you were this selfish. I know our marriage is bound to end one day but I won't let you ruin my life, I won't allow you to do more damages to my heart and soul. I'm going to keep this baby and if you talk about abortion again, I'll report you to Mom, wallhi I mean it" I stated. He seemed taken aback by my response, he is shocked I talked back at him today, well it was because he Crossed his limit. I don't want to do anything that will make me be among the ones Allah is angry with them, this thing he's asking us to do, may land us into receiving the curse of Allah and his Angels.

"Are you threatening me?" He asked, "No, I am not, I'm just telling you the truth" I sobbed. "Okay" he shook his head and started the car.

He dropped me off and left.

"So?" Azeemah raised her brows. I passed her the paper and walked to my room. "Congrats Dear" she said after soming into the room. "Thank you" I said. "What..why are you crying?" She sat by the edge of the bed. "I'm not crying" I said though I know it's obvious. "You look pink, and your eyes show you've been crying since. Jiddah please tell me what's wrong with you" she patted my back. "He's saying we should abort the baby" I bursted into a cry. "What?!!" Azeemah stood up.

"And what did you say?" She asked, "I said no of course" I cried. "I'm so sorry sweetheart" she hugged me. "But why now?" She asked. "He said he's not ready to be a father" I sobbed. "Sorry to say but your husband is possessed, so what is he now to Maryam?, Her uncle ba" she hissed. "Maryam is not he's child" I told her. "Wait, what?" She looked shocked.
"I'm serious" I cried. "So you mean Yusuf is the second man you're marrying?" She asked. "No" I sniffed. "Let me tell you the story of my life" I smiled.

I told her everything, ranging from the time I lost my parents to when I gave birth to Maryam. "Jiddah" she hugged me. "You've been through a lot" she cleaned the tears on her face. "I mean..I never knew your past was this tragic, you've been through a lot girl, but you still strong" she said with a pitiful voice. "I know, right?" I chuckled.

"Yeah serious, but your husband is not making it easy by suggesting Abortion" she shook her head in pity. "I'm not going to do it, so don't worry" I said. "You're a strong woman to be honest. Don't be ashamed of your past dear, you should be proud that you went through all of that but You're still strong and you love your daughter...God! Habibu is a monster!" She sneered. "I know right" I laughed.

"Yeah. I love maryam though" she chuckled. "She's his flesh and blood yet the most important thing that ever happened to me, how ridiculous" I sobbed. "Hey C'mon" she patted me on my back. "This calls for a celebration you know" she giggled. "Let's order for Pizza and Shawarma. I'll go home and bring my mobile speaker" she snapped her thumb and index finger. "Azeemah" I rolled my eyes. "Zee zee zakice" she rolled her eyes. "Whatever" I laughed.

Few hours later, at noon 🌃

"Babe you made my day, you're such a sweetheart" I smiled. "I know, nice fah zee zee" she said with pride. "Yes, Zee zee, indeed" I chuckled. She's the only person that considers me and also sympathize with me in this city that is filled with people of high social class.
•••••••••••••

Vote, comment, share and tell a friend to tell a friend that shatuu is writing a book 😄🙈