5•Begining

Dedicated to fameenah Yusraaaw and kturaki.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Third Person's POV

A woman who looks at her Early 40's walked past a group of Men to a house who's wall has cracked and looks like it was going to fall down at any moment.

'I wonder what this Man does with his Money' She murmured to herself before saying A Salam. "Wa'alaikumu Salam, ah..ah.. Manyan Baqi, maraba, shigo shigo" (You're Welcome, Come in, come in) She uttered with a jovial voice.

"Yauwa Nagode"(Thank you), she replied with the same energy and entered the house, scanning arround to spot her Neice. "Ya mutan gida?"(How is everyone over there) Inna asked, "They are all fine, they sent their greetings" she smiled.

"Jummai wake Jiddah up, Her Aunt has arrived" Inna yelled from outside, Jiddah came out of the hut just like Inna told her too when she says Jummai should wake her from sleep, 'Sleep indeed' she sighed.

Anyone who knows Jiddah will notice that her dressing was not like everyday's, she was dressed in Purple and black Ankara Blouse and skirt, with it scarf neatly tied on her head.

Today is a special day to Jiddah, she won't work herself out, she would wear good cloth, and she would eat as much food as she wants, Why?, Because her Maternal Aunty is here to visit!.

"Goggo!" She engulfed her in a tight hug, "Na'am Yata, ya kike?" Her Aunt hugged back. "I'm fine, how is everyone in the village?" She was referring to her Mother's Hometown.

"We are all fine, they sent their regards" she smiled. She was happy to see her Neice in the wrapper she bought her the last time she came, little did she know that it was sewn to fit Jummai, and now she's borrowing Jiddah to wear it so she can see it and appreciate, all this was planned by Inna.

After exchanging pleasantries, Aunty Ai'nau was served Tuwon Shinkafa and Miyan Taushe, along with tsumi(a locally made drink). "You look thin and pale Jiddah, are you sick?" Aunty Ai'nau asked concerned about how her Neice was looking. "You look dark too" She added.

She wanted to open up and tell her all that she's been going through, but she knows better than to do that, Kawu and Inna will surely cover up for theirselves, and when Aunty Ai'nau goes she will get beaten mercilessly.

'I'll rather shut up for my good, moreover I'll soon leave this house to school, very soon Insha Allah' she decided in her mind.

"Gogge kenan, wallahi nothing is wrong with me, I'm doing very good" She chuckled trying to be as lively as she can. "Just look at how thin you're looking, so you want to take after your mother right?" Aunty Ai'nau teased.

"She was thin?" Jiddah asked not sure, her mother was neither fat nor slim, just moderate. "Yes, but that was when she was about your age, You look so much like your mother Jiddah, you always remind me of my younger sister, she was a very beautiful woman, both of your parents were really nice people and they passed their life in purity, Allah yaji qansu" she prayed while Jiddah just kept a smile on her face.

A week Later

There is a saying that whatever you see an old man doing at his age he must have behaved the same way when he was a teenager or a youth.

If he was a good person when he gets old, our Hausa people will call him Dattijon Arziki. If it's vice versa, they be like, Amma Anyi dattijon banza a nan.

One of the reasons why nowadays we see an old man raping a girl young enough to be he's granddaughter.

Whenever you see your son behaving in a bad way, try and correct him immediately before he becomes addicted to whatever it is that he is doing, we turn a stick when it's still fresh, if you let it dry and try making it straight, it will end up breaking.

Same goes to professions, if you see a person doing perfect in he's work place, he must have studied well during his/her University period, if he did not, promotion becomes a tough task for him/her.

The thing is whatever way we live, it'll surely reflect in one way or the other.

If your son Likes girls too much, stares at girls while they are passing, always compliments Actress in movies, you realise he is so into girls, try to mend his ways else he will start having bad thoughts harassing girls, all in the name of *he wants to explore*, he might go as far as raping, yes.

As a mother, Father, Elder Sibling, Uncle or Aunt you will surely notice something unusual in a boy who is too much into girls.

Same goes for Habibu, he's mother knew he has dirty feelings toward Jiddah, instead of scolding and punishing him when caught red handed she decided to cover up for him, this will only encourage him and trigger him to proceed with whatever that's in his mind.

Jiddah was washing the dishes when her godmother called her, she went in and saw Jumai on Inna's lap coughing.

"Jiddah kije gonan Baban Habibu ki samo mun rai dore, Zan bawa Juma"(Jiddah go to your Uncle's farm and get me Rai dore leaf I want to give it Jumai) She said not giving her a glance.

"Uhmm..Inna..Kawu said I shouldn't go that far when it's Evening" she scratched the back of her head. "Bazaki ba kenan?" She asked, "I'll go.. I'll go" she said grabbing her Veil.

She walked hurriedly so she can come back before it's Maghrib time, else Inna will put the blame on her, and also say she sent her two hours ago.

It took her 30minutes to reach the farm, it's far from their home. She started searching for the leaf but couldn't find it.

"It's a grass, he must have cut them off" she said, "I have to search for it, if not Inna will scold me" she bit her lower lip.

She was engrossed in checking for it when she heard some footsteps behind her back, she widened her Eyes and turn to see what was making that move, and then suddenly someone grabbed her waist making her to gasp.
••••••••••••••

Books of the Day🎊:
Power of Calmness by Mariaam___
IRREVOCABLE byNanah_Muhammad
Her Mother In law by LazypenNaija

Good morning 🏝️🏝️