27• Holiday

Jiddah's POV

I had finished my 200Level first semester exams and now I have to go back to that hell called home, its just a 3weeks holiday, So I'll be able to cope with my Husband's attitude in shaa Allah.

Yusuf fired the house help that takes care of Maryam when I'm out for lectures, and truth be told this semester was a very stressful one for me, I have to wake up early in the morning, dress her up, feed her, and get ready for school. Yusuf came to visit me this semester but I wasn't around, and since then I haven't seen or heard from him. I went out of cash but Alhamdulillah I had enough food stuffs to sustain me and my baby girl and now here we are, the end of the semester has arrived and everyone except me of course is happy to go back home.

"Assalamu Alaikum" The Driver's knock and Salam got my attention back. "Wa'alaikumu salam" I answered. I wore my milk colour hijab and opened the door.

"Sannu Hajia, Ina wuni"
"Lafia qlau, ya aiki" I replied. "Lafia qalau Hajia" he scratched the back of his head. "Oga said I should come and carry you" he grinned. "Okay, just give me few minutes please" I said to him. "You can come in and carry the Luggage" I pointed at the two trolleys beside the Two seater. I went back to my room and carried Maryam on my shoulder, she's fast asleep and I don't want to wake her up. I carried my hand bag and headed outside.

"Hajia Allah ya kiyaye hanya (Safe journey Ma'am)" The security Guard said. I'm fed up of been called Hajia all the time, which Hajia get treated like trash in her house. "Ameen ya Rabbi" I forced a smile and entered the car.

Sometimes I feel like giving up on life, school, and my marital life too, the only thing that keeps me strong is my Daughter. I have to work hard so she won't Live a pathetic life like mine. I have to overlook the ill-treatment I get from my Husband and the pressure we get from lecturers, school is hectic, especially for an emotionally disturbed person.

Is this my Destiny?, Will I have to live with that monster for the rest of my life?, Will Yusuf become a better person?, Will I be able to graduate or I'll have to drop out of school in between the way?, I keep asking my self these questions everyday.

40Minutes later

My Heart skipped the moment we arrived, I kept uttering Hasbunallahu wani'imal wakeel in my mind as I stepped into the house. "My Love" I heard Yusuf's voice, "I've missed you" He hugged me, "S..same here" I said.

"Are you sure?, Cause you look scared" he laughed "You don't have to be scared rather you should be proud and confident since you're a violent wife who hits her husband, remember?" He smirked.

"Can I go to my room, I'm tired I want to rest" I said looking into his eyes. "Not so fast" Farha popped from no where and interfered, well that's what she's good at. "And who are you to tell me what to do?" I asked.

"Sweetheart you didn't tell her?" She pouted. "Sorry My Love" he held her hands. "Farha is now my wife, we are legally Married, from now henceforth she'll decide what happens in this house" he said. I nodded sideways and walked away, I don't have time for their drama right now. Women feel agony, hatred, and jealousy when their husbands bring in a second wife, but for me the feeling is neutral, I just don't care anymore.

I entered my room and to my surprise it's all scattered and dirty. I left this room neat and tidy. I went downstairs to the maids corner and met Aina'u there.

"Hajia sannu, how was school" she greeted. "It was fine. Did anyone entered my room while I was in school?" I asked. "Yes, Madam and Oga spend the night there sometimes" she lowered her head. "Ohh okay, can you please tidy up the room, it's a mess and I'm too tired I need to rest" I said and turned to leave. " She won't do it" Here comes the nossy girl again.

"Look Farha, I don't have time for your nonsensical attitude and immorality okay, just mind your business and stay the hell out of my way" I said directly to her face. "Wow just wow, the village girl has gained some courage, okay let's wait and see who owns the authority in this house, if you dare do any task for her, you'll be fired" she said and walked away.

I sighed and headed back to my room. I first cleared all the trash on the floor and bed, leftovers of food, used condoms and all sorts of rubbish. The bedsheet was dirty too so I had to change it. In less than 30minutes the room was sparkling and smelling of turaren wuta. "Baby girl wake up" I removed maryam's cloth and headed to the bathroom to bath her, she needs to wake up it's evening already, she'll sleep all day and then disturb me at night and stop me from sleeping.

I went downstairs afterwards and prepared Noodles for her, I don't have appetite so I can't eat anything at the moment. "Mom-my" she chuckled, this girl loves food way too much, lol. "Are you hungry?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Okay, haaa, open your mouth" I laughed.

Did they really get married or it's all a lie?, Well no one has the answer to this question expect them and the last thing I'll do is confront him about it.

Hello Guys🙋🏽‍♀️ I'm back after a very long break, I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting 🥺🥺.
Scroll to the next chapter please😊
Thank you!