Chapter 16

Adam and I decided to keep quiet about the baby and the engagement for three more weeks, so I was clear of my first trimester. The doctor had told me that because I must have been pregnant when I was attacked and there was damage to my body, there is a higher chance of miscarriage. But now we had finally made it there which meant it was time to tell everyone else. I had decided to tell Voight last night, so we could have the time to announce today. I was also actually starting to have a little bump which was adorable.

"Babe! We gotta go!"  Adam called.

"Coming!" I yelled back, slipping the engagement ring on my finger before heading to meet him at the door, "Let's go."

The entire drive to the district I was filled with nerves. I knew I wouldn't be put on desk duty immediately, but it'd come eventually. Plus I was a little worried about Jay's reaction. We decided just to tell everyone everything at once. When we got inside, everyone was already there.

"So Adam and I have some news," I began, holding up my hand.

"Holy crap Ruzek proposed!" Atwater teased.

"Had to lock her down before she ran away," winked Adam as everyone moved to hug us and congratulate us, "There's actually one other bit of news..."

"I'm pregnant!" I announced, pulling the ultrasound picture out from my back pocket.

"Oh my god!" Kim cheered, starting a second round of hugs from everyone.

Kevin came up to me, a grin on his face, "You're pregnant?"

"Yep"

"Cause of Adam?"

"Ohhhh yeah."

"We better pray this child gets her looks."

Adam rolled his eyes as we all chuckled, "Very funny Kev."

"I thought so."

When Jay got to me, he pulled me into a tight hug, "Congrats little sis. You're going to be an amazing mom."

"Thanks Jay. I know you're going to be the best uncle to this little...person."

"Person?" He chuckled.

"Well I don't want to call it it, and we won't find the gender out for another month or so. So I don't know what them."

"My sister early one called her baby whatever she was craving early on if that helps," Kim added.

"Baby Pretzel?" questioned Adam, looking at me for confirmation.

"Maybe let's just stick to mini Ruzek," I chuckled.

"Have you told Will yet?" asked Jay.

"Figured I'd call him after shift."

"Well congrats kid. Happy for you," Hank smiled.

"Thanks Serg."

After our news we got right back to work. We were working a case where a drug dealer was selling bad dope which was killing people. Atwater had been working off and on undercover, finally getting the guy to agree to a buy, under conditions. The two were on burner cells now.

"Alright. Tonight at the Sugar Shack at 8...." Kevin spoke, confirming the details as we all listened on speaker.

"One other thing, it's a sex club in order to get in you gotta bring that sexy brunette girlfriend of yours with those pretty blue eyes. Understood?"

"Understood."

With that the call ended and Hank looked over at us, "Alright, looks like we've got a UC operation tonight. Mikayla, you showing yet?"