Chapter 27

It was Greyson's first holiday season and I wanted to make it special. I loved the holidays.

"You should see our place," Adam chuckled as he walked out of the break room with Jay, each holding coffees, "It's decked out in Christmas decor."

"Yeah while she's not one of those Christmas obsessed, when the holiday comes around she embraces it."

"But why?"

"It helps seasonal depression," I shrugged, answering as I sat at my desk with my peppermint mocha frappe, "And...my mom used to go all out for Christmas. She always wanted to make it special for us kids and I remember how fun it all was. I want to do that for Grey."

"Mom really did love the holidays. She was always so happy seeing how the festivities made his kids so excited and happy," Jay spoke, gripping my shoulder as a loving touch.

His touch caught me off guard and made me drop my phone. I stood up to pick it up when I heard gasping and then a chuckle.

"Is that what I think it is?" Atwater asked with a raised eyebrow, confusing me.

"Holy shit," Adam spoke, "How did I miss that?

Jay just sighed loudly, Kim and Hailey were laughing, and I'm still confused.

"Miss what? What are y'all talking about?"

"What's 59054?" Hailey questioned.

"And why is it tattooed above your ass?" Atwater asked with that infamous eyebrow quirk.

"Oh, I guess the secret's out. But uh that would be Adam's badge number," I admitted with a smile.

"When did you get that? It had to be in the last week because I haven't seen it!" Adam spoke with a lot of innuendo.

"Gross," Jay cringed, "That's still my sister dude."

"How do you think your nephew got here? We have sex Jay, get over it."

"Alright boys," I intervened, "I got it two days ago on our day off when Adam was called in for overtime. I had Kim watch Grey for me."

"You knew?" Adam asked Kim who nodded.

"I was trying to hide it until this weekend. I got it to mark the one year anniversary of our engagement," I explained as Adam wrapped his arms around and I lowered my voice, "honestly, I'm surprised you didn't see it last night when we were fooling around."

"I was a little more focused on the naked girl on my bed," he chuckled, "but that explains why you didn't take your typical bath night midweek."

"You like it?"

"I do. It's romantic but sexy. I love it."

"I'm glad. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go put more Aquifer on it."

"I'll help!"

"Gross," Jay sighed as Hailey laughed.

"Oh relax. They're parents and they're gonna be married eventually. Let them have there fun."

"Yeah alright."

******

Greyson was curled up into my chest as the Christmas movie played in the background. I had just fed him which thankfully put him to sleep. Adam was just getting home with some things I had asked him to pick up.

"Hey babe," Adam grinned as a shot him a smile.

"Hey you. Were you able to find everything?"

"Yep, but let me tell ya, trying to find matching pajamas that also have an infant size was like mission impossible," he explained as he set the bags on the coffee table.