Chapter 13

3rd POV

"We got her," Jay spoke into the phone shakily.

"Is she okay? How bad is it?" asked Will from back home in Chicago, "Did he...?"

"Yeah. The son of a bitch did," Jay almost growled, "But injury wise she has a stab wound to the thigh, a head injury, and dehydration. She may have decided to do a rape kit, but I am not sure. I haven't spoken to her since we found her. She hasn't wanted to see Adam or I."

"So I should hold off on heading out there?"

"Yeah, I'll call you as soon as I know more."

"Thanks Jay. Remember, let's just focus on the fact that we've got her. She's alive and she's safe with us now."

"I know. But we both know she's not going to be the same after this."

"I know."

"Jay," spoke Liv as she walked into the room, "Mikayla's asking for you."

Adam's head fell again when he saw he still wasn't be asking for. Jay looked back to see his friend clearly in emotional hell. Jay squeezed Adam's shoulder, getting him to look up.

"I'll let her know you're here...waiting," Jay smiled.

"Thanks man."

1st POV

When Jay walked in, I couldn't help but show him a small smile, "Hey big brother. I heard you got a little rough with a criminal today."

"Hey, I was doing whatever I needed to do to get my baby sister back."

"Well you've got her. She's a little broken right now, but you got her," I replied as he sat down beside me on the side of the bed, "I take it everyone knows my statement now right?"

"Yeah they do. And I called Will to update him."

"Great. How-ah-How is he holding up?"

"Adam?"

"Yeah."

"He's been a hot mess, blaming himself over what happened since you went out because of him. Guy hasn't eaten or slept. He refused to even on the plane over. Right now he's right outside in the waiting room, head between his knees, waiting until he can see you. He's been trying to keep it together, but I don't know how much longer he can do it."

"I know I just...I wanted to see you before seeing him because it's hard enough to face you after what happened to me but facing him? I'm going to be in pain just because he is. And I've been getting the "poor you" looks since you guys found me. I can handle it from everyone else, but I can't handle it from him Jay. I can't have him looking at me like damaged goods."

"Mik, I'm going to be honest with you, Adam and I talked about it on the way here. I wanted to prepare him that things are going to be different because of what happened. You want to know what he said?" he questioned and I nodded, "He said 'The Mikayla I know and love, is still going to be there. The circumstances around us are going to change for a while, but Mikayla's not.'  And I wasn't really understanding what he meant until now. I came in and you gave me the classic, I'm in trouble grin as if what happened didn't happen. Ruz was right."

"Every once in a blue moon that man's a genius," I teased, grabbing Jay's arm lovingly, "Can you uh, send my guy in?"

"It'd be my pleasure."

He gave me a peck on the cheek before walking out. Seconds later Adam rushed in, a look of relief on his face as he laid eyes on me. Both of us went teary eyed as he strides forward, grabbed my cheeks, and pressed an intimate, sweet kiss to my lips. When he pulled back, I pulled his arm down so he sat beside me.

"God you had me so worried that I'd never see you again. I thought all our future plans were gone. We'd never get married, we'd never have kids, we'd never advance in the department together...I thought-I thought I was going to find you the same way we found Nadia..."

"But you didn't. You found me alive. I'm a little roughed up, but I'm going to be okay. I've got you to uh help me get through this. Liv has already recommended a great therapist back home for me to see. I mean some things between us won't uh, won't be the same for a little bit, but with time they will be....right?"

"Of course they will. We're not naïve enough to think this won't effect us at all. I know we've got a rough road ahead."

"No, I'm not pulling you into my recovery Adam. I-"

"I know you're a strong independent woman and all that but I care about you, and I want to be there for you. You just went through a serious trauma. You we're kidnapped, beat, and raped Mik. That's not something you get to recover from on your own. I'm here and I love you, and it's okay to break. You don't have to be strong anymore. It's okay."

I let my head fall to his shoulder and then something just snapped. Letting the fine, strong facade fade away, and instead let myself break in Adam's arms. Sobs wracked my body as I shook against him. He held me to him tightly, soothing me by running his fingers through my hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes, and it was the first time in the past two days that I felt safe again.

Once I pulled myself together, I was ready to get out of there. The doctor discharged me and I finally got to see everyone in the waiting room. As Jay was giving me a hug, Carisi came hustling down the hallway. We all spun around to look at him, knowing it must be important.

"Finn just called. They just found Yates dead in holding. Said it looks like he hung himself," Carisi explained.

Immediately Jay and Adam lock eyes while I just went stiff, turning to look at Liv, "Where's Voight?"