Chapter 47

Adam's recovery was going well. Grey was loving getting to spend the extra time with his dad. And 5 weeks later I was still pregnant. Adam's physical therapy was going great and he was getting closer to being cleared for work. I was finishing up in the shower when I felt a pain in my abdomen followed by a rush of liquid.

"At least it broke in the shower," I chuckled to myself before finishing up.

I grabbed my phone calling Kim, knowing it was her day off.

"Hey what's up?" Kim answered.

"Hey! Are you busy?"

"Just figuring out Mak and I's plan for the day. What's up?"

"My just water broke. I was calling to see if you'd wanna come hang out with Gray?"

"Absolutely! Give me 10 minutes to pack bags for Mak and I then I'll head over."

"Thank you! See you soon!

I sighed, one thing handled. I through on a maternity dress and brushed my hair before adding the last few necessities to our hospital bag. I took a minute to just soak in these last minutes alone with my baby girl.

"I can't wait to meet you my strong little princess. You're going to love this crazy family."

I headed to the living room with my bag to see Adam and Gray playing together.

"I hate to break up playtime but Kim's on her way. My water broke, it's go time."

"Baby girl is finally coming!" Adam cheered, "You know we're going to have to finally choose a name."

"We've got in narrowed down to two. We'll know when we see her!"

"I'm just teasing you baby. How's the contractions?"

"Not bad. They've been going since yesterday, but now they're starting to get stronger. I at least feel a little more prepared than I did with Grey."

"We've got this babe," Adam smiled before giving me a kiss on the lips, "Besides we could use some more joy in the house. I know I've been a little crabby about my recovery not going the way I wanted with the bruised ego and all. Our little girl finally arriving is gonna bring some joy and chaos into our home."

"Damn right. Gotta love the Ruzek chaos."

Just then Kim pulled up with Mak, letting themselves in. Adam finished getting Grey ready while I greeted them and breathed through a contraction.

"Grey was changed a half hour ago and was fed about an hour ago. He should be good to just chill and play for a couple hours and then nap good for ya," Adam rambled out.

"And we'll definitely keep you updated from the hospital on how long it'll be and what not. If it goes longer than you can stay, I can call Jay or Hailey to swap with you. Uhm if you have any issues or questions feel free to text us!"
I rambled out, trying to make sure I had all of my bases covered, "Oh and there's an extra car seat in the nursery if you need to go somewhere."

"Mikayla, I've got him. I promise, everything will be okay. You just worry about taking care of yourself and your baby girl."

"I know, I trust you just, don't wanna forget something crucial or inconvenience anyone. Thank you again for doing this."

"Of course. Now go have a baby!"

Adam and I gave Grey kisses goodbye before Adam took my bag out to the car. We left and headed over to Chicago Med. I continued my breathing techniques to work through my contractions.

Ruzek hauled ass to Med and I called to let them know I was coming. Once we arrived, I checked in and they took me up to a room.

***
My body was exhausted, but my beautiful little girl had arrived. She had the prettiest blue gray eyes that I adored. I looked over at Adam who held our little girl in his arms, fully entranced.

"You are beautiful and amazing and you'll do anything you set your mind to. Just like your mom and dad," Adam chuckled to our little girl, "I promise to protect you my little princess. Daddy loves you so much."

I looked over at them, smiling. Since it was late we decided to have the family come meet her tomorrow before we're discharged. Tonight we were soaking up time before letting our daughter go to the nursery. My eyes felt heavy but I was taking it all in.

"How are you holding up sleepy mama?" Adam asked, catching me staring.

"I'm tired, mentally and physically. But so happy."

"Knock knock!" The nurse announced before coming in, "We've brought a cot in for your husband and if you'd like we'll take your daughter to the nursery."

"Yes please. Thank you."

Eventually Adam pulled his cot next to my bed. I got myself all cozied up and quickly fell asleep.

***

The next day our family from the 21st arrived as did Kim with Grey. He was so cute doting on his baby sister. Jay was holding his niece, making me all emotional again.

"So everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Avery Jade Ruzek," I smiled, making eye contact with a now teary eyed Jay.

"Jade was our mom's name," Jay clarified for the room, looking down at the little girl, "I love it. It's perfect."

"Thank you guys for holding down the fort."

"Of course!" Kim smiled, "Uncle Kev's gonna stay tonight too so I can take Mak to school in the morning."

"My heros. I should be discharged by tomorrow afternoon."

"Whenever you're ready. Little man and I will just be chilling," Kev smiled, making a face at Grey.

Greyson giggled and squirmed beside me. I gave him a big kiss, loving my adorable little family.

"Thank you guys, for everything," I smiled, "It takes a village."

"We wouldn't have it any other way," Jay smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Good, because we love y'all."