Chapter 10

I was all decked out in my scandalous dress with my hair and makeup all done up. The tight black dressed pushed my boobs up and together, barely actually containing them. There was a small v in the center which put them on display even more. It stopped about mid-thigh and fit my every curve. I had on red lipsticks and my hair was called. Adam and I were going undercover, him being the one buying drugs and basically me being his side piece. I was just slipping on my black heels when I heard a familiar voice.

"Damn. I leave for a few months and my sweet little Mikayla starts dressing like a hooker," spoke a familiar voice.

I spun around and saw Mouse standing there. Almost tripping, I ran over to him and wrapped him in a hug.

"Mouse!" I squealed as he tightly hugged me back.

People came running when they heard me squeal and everyone began greeting him. Him and Jay just hugged for a minute, both happy Mouse was alive. I honestly couldn't believe he was here. 

"When did you get back to Chicago?" questioned Jay.

"A few days ago. My deployment ended and I'm off duty for about 2 months, so I figured I'd come visit the squad," he grinned before elbowing me, "And my favorite girl."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm only your favorite because I'm your only girl."

"True, but I still love you."

"Oh thanks," I chuckled, "Well we have to go do this undercover real quick, shouldn't take too long. Why don't you and Jay come over to Adam and I's for dinner?"

"Woah, you and Adam's place?!"

"It's a long story buddy," Jay sighed, patting his back.

"Well I better hear it at dinner!"

"Sounds good. I'll text you when we're done," I smiled, before giving him another hug, "I'm really glad you're home."

"Me too."

***

Adam sat on the bench in the dark, back room of the club. I sat about two feet away from them as the two men talked "business". Every once and a while Diego, the dealer, would glance over at me and lick his lips. I for one, definitely had his attention.

"What's your name again sweetheart?" he asked, his voice full of disgusting lust.

"Katie," I grinned flirtaciously.

"Well Katie, why don't you sit on my lap while I work out a deal with Jake here?"

"Sure."

I walked over and sat on his one leg, looking directly at Adam in front of me. I knew the conversation was almost over, and Adam wouldn't let him do anything to me. Diego shifted his leg so it split mine apart and rode my dress up. His hand moved around my bare thigh and I could see Adam grit his teeth. Just a few more minutes and this was all over. The guys continued to talk for another two minutes for a deal was struck. They shook hands before Adam stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Let's go Katie," he stated, trying to keep calm.

I stood up and as I walked away, Diego smacked my ass. I just smiled over my shoulder as I squeezed Adam's arm, signalling to him to let it go. As soon as we made it out of the club and down the road where the surveillance van was, Jay jumped out.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" asked Jay, looking me over as Kev hopped out with Hailey.

"We lost visual once Mikayla moved to sit on the guys lap. Something glitch?" asked a confused Atwater.

"I turned my cam off," explained Adam.

"Why?" questioned Hailey with crossed arms.

"Because uh-" he paused, scratching the back of his neck as anger flashed in his eyes, "The way he shifted her on his leg you could see completely up Mik's dress. I figure you all, especially Jay, didn't need to see that."

"Good call," Kev breathed out.

"I'm fine, he was just grabby. Smacked my ass on the way out."

"Are you kidding me?" sparked an angry Jay.

"Believe me, you have no idea how badly I wanted to turn around and punch that prick," Adam sighed as I rubbed his back lovely.

"I literally had to hold him to me," I chuckled.

"Well you got the deal, so tonight worked out," Hailey commented with a smile, "Kev and I will go back to the station and file the audio, Voight said you three are good to go."

"Awesome, thanks guys."

Adam drove us home and I texted Mouse a time to come over. I could see Adam white knuckling the wheel as he drove in silence. He was usually very chatty...except when he was upset about something. This is where I see the pain in the ass side of Adam's jealousy. 

"Adam, I'm fine, really. I've been through worse than an ass slap," I spoke, trying to calm him down.

"I know it's just...seeing his hands on you like that and knowing I couldn't do anything drove me crazy. You're my girl, not his."

"And I'll always be your girl. Believe me, I don't want anyone else. I love you."

"I love you too. I'm sorry for getting so upset about this."

"It's fine. Maybe after Jay and Mouse leave you can turn some of that anger into passion."

"God I love you."

***

Adam and I had picked up Chinese food on the way home, so when we got back to our place, all we had to do was change. I had just finished throwing on jeans and a t-shirt when there was a knock on the door. Thankfully Adam let them both in. I walked out, greeting them both before we gathered on the couch with the Chinese food.

"So, how the hell did you two end up living together?" asked Mouse, looking between Adam and I.

"Uh we're actually dating," I smiled as Mouse went wide eyed.

"Next week will be 6 months," Adam added.

"Wow. How did that happen?"

"I mean, you know what brings us together. If you almost die by noon, you're pretty ready for a date at 6 pm," I chuckled, "But seriously, one day he was my friend Adam who I joked around with and then the next he was Adam, my attractive, lovable friend I joked around with. I don't what flipped the switch, but I'm glad it flipped."

"What do you like about her Adam? I mean besides the obvious."

"Well, I would have to say that I like the fact that she knows exactly who she is. That she doesn't take crap from anybody, and I mean anybody."

"It's true, she doesn't," mumbled Jay.

"Ain't that the truth."

I rolled my eyes at the three men, "Yeah, but ya'll like it."

We spent the rest of the evening catching up and filling Mouse in on what he missed. Words couldn't express how happy I was that he was back. He was always around when Jay came home from deployments, and he's the one who helped me get Jay out of the hole he was digging himself. I don't know if I'd be where I am right now without him. Mouse was family and always will be.