Chapter 38

We were investigating a big time drug dealer who was operating out of a candy shop. He had multiple bodies on him and only cares about two things: money and his product. We had a CI, Anna, working her way in but it was taking a bit too long. Before we could have her work her way in, we needed a inner survey of the store.

So I went down wearing a glasses cam to buy some candy. Easy enough. The others were back at the bullpen pouring through files of background information and putting the board together.

I littered around the store, grabbing a few things, but taking my time to admire everything. I noticed the female cashier at the front when I walked in, greeting me politely. Once I made my decisions, I grabbed a bag of smartie looking candy, but loose, and headed to the front. When I got there I noticed the female was stocking and our suspect was grinning at the register.

"Hi. Just these four things please."

"Okay. That'll be $25," he answered, before I paid with my card, "Want this in a bag?"

"Yes please."

With that I left and headed back to the station. I got snacky since I was stuck in traffic, so I decided to have some of the knock smarties. They were pretty good, but not my thing, so instead I ate the chocolate bar.

By the time I got to the bullpen, I felt strange. Suddenly my mouth felt dry and it felt like a was a billion degrees.

"You okay Mik? You look off?" Platt asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thirsty," I waved her off, heading upstairs.

Then I spotted Adam and god I have never wanted him more. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. Everything seemed intensified and I was totally lost.

"Hey, you get the survey of the shop?" Hailey asked.

"Y-yeah. Here ya go," I stuttered, handing her the glasses as I swayed a bit.

"Mik? You okay?" Kevin asked as he stepped closer to me, clearly concerned.

"Uh yeah. I bought some candy and had uh some smartie things I bought and I just feel off," I spoke before taking the water Kev was drinking straight out of his hands.

"Your pupils look huge," Kim commented, now that my behavior was getting everyone's attention, "What are you feeling?"

"Hot, really hot. Thirsty. Everything around me feels sooooo intense..." I dragged out with a slight groan, "And-and Adam looks so hot I could just have sex with him on this desk."

"Ew god," Jay cringed as Adam's eyes went huge.

"Babe what the hell?! You never talk like that at work," Adam spoke, looking confused but so damn hot.

"You have the smarties in that bag?" Kevin asked, and when I nodded he took it from me, examining it, "Ah shit."

"What?" Adam questioned.

"Mik, you remember what colors you ate?" Kevin asked.

"I had two reds and a yellow. God it is 800 degrees in here!" I complained, tearing off my jacket a tossing it on my desk before quickly tying up my hair.

"What's going on?" Voight asked as I began giggling at the sound of his gravely voice.

"This bag of smarties is mostly smarties, but there's a few random yellows and the yellows, they're ecstasy," Atwater explained.

"Why would he just put that out on the shelf?" Jay asked as Kim was already fast forwarding through the cam footage.

"Got it!" Kim cried, "The cam caught it. As she was paying and he was bagging her stuff, he swapped her bag for a bag behind the counter."

"So he drugged her?" Hailey asked.

"She's high as a kite on ecstasy right now," Voight stated and that made everyone spin their attention on me.

"God, so hot," I mumbled, peeling off my shirt.

"Jeez!" Jay exclaimed, turning and covering his eyes as Adam stepped close to me and Hailey tried to get me to redress.

"You're so hot Adam. Mmmm I love you so much. I need you," I breathed, basically trying to dry hump Adam.

"God. You can't talk like that babe. Come on let's get you redressed."

"No! And you can't make me. Or maybe you can."

"Ruzek, take her to the locker room as we figure this out," Voigjt ordered.

Adam tried ushering me to the locker room but I wasn't having it. I was giggling as I dodged him before he finally just picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder.

"God babe. This is the last time I let you in a candy store alone apparently," Adam sighed as he pulled me into him, giving in to my wanting to be close and swaying with me.

"I'm sorry."

"No. No, it's not your fault. I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do and that scares me."

"I feel fine! Actually I feel soooo good. We could even make a baby."

"You know I love you and think you're sexy, but babe you're on drugs, you can't consent."

"Oh come on! I'm saying yes!"

"Sorry babe. It's wrong morally. Besides, this should not be the way our second child is conceived."

"Jerk."

Suddenly my thoughts began to swirl and it felt a little bit harder to breathe. Now I was gripping onto Adam for life.

"Babe? What's going on? Talk to me?"

"So hot.... I think anxiety attack."

Adam's eyes went large before he kicked the door open and yelled out, "Call a bus!"

I was crouched on the ground, rocking as I began to hyperventilate. My vision felt blurry and I felt like I was hallucinating. Adam was floating in my line of vision holding my hand as he helped me tuck my head between my knees. Then Jay appeared beside him and he look scared a bit. Their lips were moving, but I couldn't here them.. finally a voice cut through.

"What do we got?" Sylvie asked as she walked in with Violet and the stretcher.

"She accidentally took ecstasy and she's having a bad reaction. I think she's starting to hallucinate, but her anxiety is kicking in," Adam explained as Sylvie began checking me out.

"Okay. She could be hypersensitive to it. We're going to get her to Med for observations and some tests to keep her safe while it runs through her system," Sylvie explained, "Eapecially because she's on anti-depressants which can make this worse."

"Okay. Can I come?" Adam asked as the lifted me up onto the stretcher and began wheeling me out.

"Absolutely," Sylvie answered before turning to me, "We've got you Mik. You're going to be okay, I just need you to stay awake and try stay calm. Steady breaths okay?"

"O-okay," I stuttered with a nod.

"I'm here baby. I'm right here."