Chapter 45

"I feel as big as a damn house," I sighed as my bump no longer fit under my desk.

"I come with a Chai latte for the prettiest pregnant lady alive," Adam grinned, handing me the drink as he leaned down and pressed a long kiss to my lips.

"I knew I married you for a reason!" I teased, causing Adam to roll his eyes, "Everything go okay last night?"

"Yep according to plan. Seems like we're coming to the end of it though, then we can go back to normal."

***

Adam came storming back into the district with Sam in tow, placing her into one of the interrogation rooms. He came back out, looking stressed as hell. All eyes were on him as we waited for him to give us information.

"I went to meet her and she revealed the Richard moved everything up to today. His plan, it's happening today. I tried contacting him and he won't answer. Sam was going to pick up Callum and run, so I had no choice I had to blow my cover," Adam explained as he paced back and forth.

"Alright so we flip Sam, shouldn't be too hard," Voight spoke.

"Except she's pissed and doesn't want to talk. She won't tell me anything."

The next 45 minutes they took turns trying to get Sam to talk, but she wanted nothing to do with it, so I formed an idea, "Let me talk to her while you work out the deal with the lawyer."

"What? You're not supposed to be interrogating, you're pregnant," Halstead stated, following procedures.

"Serg she's unarmed in a box. I'm fine she's a non-dangerous suspect."

"Go far it Mik."

I headed into the room and could see Sam was not only pissed but concerned.

"You're new. I already said I'm not talking."

"That's fine, just listen for now. I understand you feel betrayed by finding out Adam was a cop. But him and the rest of my team are working out a deal for you as we speak. We weren't after you Sam, we're after your dad. Adam really was looking out for you and Callum."

"Adam...everyone else here has called him Ruzek. You're the only one calling him Adam... let my guess, you're his girl?"

"His wife yeah. And we have a son who's 18 months and another one on the way."

"So he wasn't laying about having a son."

"Not at all."

There was a knock on the door and in walked Adam and the lawyer, "We've worked out a deal."

"I can get immunitiy for you and you'll get to start over somewhere fresh if you can give us all the information we need on the entire operation."

"Callum can get away from the grip of your father. You don't have to be loyal to him Sam."

"I'm not! If he finds out he will kill me at take Callum!"

"I will never let them happen. I may have lied about a lot, but I didn't lie about being a dad and agreeing to protect that boy."

"O-okay. I'll talk.

***

3rd POV

After getting all of the information possible, Adam took same to pick up Callum then head to their place to get a few things before going to the safe house. Mikayla was back at the station organizing all the case files and information while the rest of the unit raided Richard's businesses on a farm lot. That's when Atwater discovered that Richard's targeting black elementary schools. Just then a timer starts and Kevin barely makes it out before the whole place blows up.