Chapter 41

Moving while 4.5 months pregnant  and with a baby was not the greatest move, but here we were doing it. On top of that Grey's 1st birthday was coming up quick and we had two weeks to plan the party and unpack. And of course Grey had just started walking. Plus we were also finding out the gender of the baby in a couple days. So this mama was in stress mode.

"Mama!" Grey chirped as he waddled around our house.

"What's up little man?"

"Car!"

Then he proceeded to bang his toy car on the floor. He was developmentally ahead for his age. So I set him in his gated play area, so I could continue packing things up in the living room.

We wrangled intelligence into helping us move along with Kelly, Stella, Sylvie, and Violet. The boys were packing up the moving truck with the furniture while Hailey and Stella helped me back up the other things in the house and shove it into vehicles. Violet and Sylvie were at the new house finishing painting for us. We really had the best of friends.

"Stop trying to lift things," Kev looked at me with serious eyes as I retreated from the box I was about to grab.

"I'm just trying to help!" I sighed going back to putting things in boxes.

Eventually we got everything cleared out of the old place which meant it was time to unpack things at the new house. The boys were bringing in and placing the furniture where it needed to go. Grey was napping in his pack and play in the kitchen thankfully while I ordered some pizzas for everyone.

"This place already looks better with Bob's crap cleaned out of it," Kim chuckled as she carried a box marked kitchen.

"I know right. He paid for a storage unit here, so we dumped it all in there. Then I paid to have the place professionally deep cleaned because I don't trust his cleaning skills," I explained as I put away dishes in the newly stained cabinets.

"You guys are going to make this into a great home," Sylvie grinned, making me smile.

"Thanks Brett. And you guys did an amazing job with the paint. I really appreciate you doing that for us."

"Of course! I love painting!" Sylvie smiled, making me chuckle.

We continued bringing in boxes and other stuff while the boys brought in and placed furniture. I got away with carrying the light boxes and the random things like lamps and whatnot. Just as we finished getting the last of everything into the house, the pizza guy pulled up. I payed the guy while Adam took the pizzas and brought them to the coffee table.

"There paper plates, beer is in the fridge, help yourselves!" I announced to everyone, "And thanks again for helping us today. We couldn't have done it without you guys."

"Of course little sis," Jay smiled, kissing the side of my head.

"Anytime!" Kelly and Kev chimed in.

As everyone began helping themselves, I could help but glance around. Sure there were boxes everywhere, but I could already tell this was going to be an amazing home for our family.

***

Adam and I went to the doctor with big smiles on our faces to find out the gender of our baby. I was honestly bouncing out of my seat with excitement to find out the gender. I could tell Adam was a bit nervous though.

When we got there, I got all checked in and waited. After being called back I was weighed and then hopped on the table. The doc and I ran through the basics before getting to the good stuff.

"So will we be finding out the sex today?" Dr. Kate asked with a smile as she prepped my belly for the ultrasound.

"Yes please!" I smiled.