Chapter 39

When I finally fully came back to my senses, it felt like a really bad hangover. Adam was at my bedside as I grumbled in exhaustion.

"Welcome back."

"God that was...interesting."

"That's one word to use. You scared the shit out me for a bit there."

"I'm sorry baby."

"It's not your fault. I'm gonna page the nurse."

They came in a checked my vitals before reading aloud my results.

"So your tests did reveal that you consumed ecstasy. (More)," Dr. Choi explained, "The levels in your blood also shows you're around 8 weeks pregnant."

"I'm pregnant?"

"Yes, uh congratulations. I'll leave you two to talk while I get started on your discharge papers."

"Thank you."

Adam and I just kind looked at each other in shock. I mean it's not like we were preventing a pregnancy, but it wasn't fully planned. Never the less I was ecstatic.

"We're having another baby!" Adam cheered before a shushed him.

"Shh, I'm excited too but we have to wait until I'm ya know further along. After what happened last time I don't want to risk it. Okay?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

****

"Please Adam!" I begged, busting out the pouty lip and all, "I've got a babysitter, Voight said we can have off, it's all planned."

"Isn't it just kind of going to be a red neck fest?"

"I used to go up when I was younger, it's so fun. Come on!"

"Since I've never been and you really wanna go, we can go."

"Yes! Country Thunder here we come!" I cheered excitedly, jumping and kissing him, "You're the best husband ever!"

"I try," he smiled, kissing me back, "So who did you get to watch Grey?"

"Kim said she would have her nanny help and her. You should be excited, you get to drink and have a DD."

"Fair point! Plus we don't know anybody so you don't have to conceal your little bump."

"I can let it breathe! Get ready to see pregnant me in crop tops and shorts."

"I can't wait. My little country girl."

Once I had his approval I went to work planning it all. I bought the tickets and the parking pass as well as found an air b-n-b right by the festival. Of course I immediately began packing and figuring out everything we'd need. I was beyond excited to experience this festival with Adam by my side. It had been years since I had gone, so I was pumped.

Two days later we kissed Grey goodbye and headed across the border for the festival. I was ecstatic and dressed for the occasion. Thursday night I went with a simple white tank and Jean shorts, of course pairing it with some cowboy boots. We were seeing Lee Brice play.

When the song Love Like Crazy came on, Adam and I sang to each other and shared a kiss. But the best moment was when the song I Don't Dance was played. Adam slow danced with me and spun me around. It was one of the best moments.

Then Friday we had Chris Young playing which was another good one. I had on my shirts and a red crop top while Adam settle on a muscle tank and shorts. My bump was definitely on display today. Adam was sitting in his camping chair and enjoying his beer while I was enjoying my funnel cake. My pregnancy craving was satisfied, that's for sure.

"You having fun so far babe?" Adam asked me with a grin.

"Loads. Thanks again for coming with me."

"Of course. Whatever makes my wife happy," he smiled, pecking me on the lips, "By the way, you look hot in that crop top."

"Mmm why thanks hubby. I was a little worried it'd look stupid."

"Not at all. I love it."

****

The next day we chilled out a bit, hanging out in the hotel, had a nice brunch, and facetime Kim to talk to Grey as well as check in. Then we left early because Saturday was going to be a packed day. Morgan Wallen was one of the sold out artists. So I went for something a little more fun and sexy. I wore a black, partially see through body suit that showed off part of my side tattoo with my shorts. And Adam was loving it. His hands rested on my hips as we swayed to the music playing. I was sipping my water and soda while Adam held his beer.

When the last day came, it was sad but exciting. We were seeing Chris Rice and Florida Georgia Line. Chase Rice was an absolute blast to watch perform. When his sexy song, Ride, played we of course were slow dancing and making out a bit. Adam held me hips as I ground back against him. The same thing happened with the song Gonna Wanna Tonight. We were just enjoying his set without a care in the world. When he finished up, we got some food from the trucks, Adam reloaded on beer, and then we were ready for Florida Georgia Line to go on.

When they played it was a ball. I knew 95% of their songs and was singing along to every single one.

"I'm honestly impressed," Adam chuckled.

"Thanks baby."

Then as it came to an end, we got back in the car and headed to the hotel. The next morning we got up early, wanting to beat the traffic, and headed back home to Chicago. It was an amazing weekend, but I was ready to snuggle my baby boy after work.

"Thanks again for coming with me," I smiled, kissing Adam over the center console as his hand squeezed the inner thigh it was resting on.

"Of course babe. I actually had a really good time. We'll have to go again next year."

"I'd love that."

"Your voice sounds rough though," he chuckled.

"I know it's like practically gone. It's going to be a long work day."

"Hopefully it'll be chill."

We went through the work day and of course the team was teasing me about my voice being gone. As soon as we clocked out, we headed home to relieve the nanny. I was so excited to see Grey, I gave him the biggest snuggles. That night we just hung out as a little family, enjoying everything we had.

 That night we just hung out as a little family, enjoying everything we had