Chapter 32 - Reece's POV

Reece Dean's POV

CALM BEFORE THE STORM. Calm before the storm. I steeple my fingers over my lips, fighting hard—HARD to remain calm before I explode. The beast in me rattles the cage, threatening to come out. Not yet. Now is not the time. My fingers itch as I fight to keep them steady over my face. I'm not a patient man, and everyone that knows me knows that.

The woman next to me meets my eyes, and I realize I've been staring at her. Her pupils dilate, and her breath catches in her throat. I watch her throat bob as she swallows. There's nothing I'd rather do right now than grab that throat of hers and kiss her. But I'd rather be grabbing someone else's throat right now. Her twinkling eyes pull me back to her, and I resist the urge to grab her.

"You're not watching the movie," she speaks, giving me a small smile. She relaxes into her seat when I gently rub my thumb across her lower lip. These lips belong to mine. My thumb travels down her chin to her throat. This throat belongs to me. My thumb travels down her sternum, and her breath catches in her throat again, her eyes glazing over. Her chest heaves when I put my thumb back to her lower lip, and instinctively, it parts until her tongue comes out and swipes gently over my thumb. I can see her the desire dancing in her eyes like orange flames, and I pull back, my jaw ticking. Her eyes—they hold so much fucking admiration, and love for me it drives me insane. What she sees is not real. She would never look at me the same if only she knew.

"I'll be right back. Watch the movie." I don't give her the benefit of words as I get up, and walk away from her without a backward glance. The moment I walk past the comfort aisle, the beast's cage breaks open. Red hot fury pumps through my body, and all I can see is red. My fingers clench into a fist and the further I get away from her the worse it gets from here. There's heat in my body, one I've never felt before. It binds with my blood in my veins, creating a deadly combination. I'm dazed with a desire to hurt, maim, castrate...

Kill.

There's so much you don't know about me, sweet Catherine. I wish I could let you in. I wish you could see the real side of me. This admiration you have in yours eyes for me would dissipate in seconds. I sit down,  kick one leg over the other, and look out the window. I can't express how much anger I have in my body for you, Catherine. Don't fall for this look. It's meant to look like this because I have to blend in with this world. I have a responsibility over a lot of people. I rub my face in frustration, and lean my head back against the seat.

I watch my reflection over the window, and all I can see are red eyes of a wild panther growling back at me. I lean forward, bracing my elbows over my knees. Her past hurts me more than she can imagine. I've never been the one to feel anything but anger, and satisfaction, but this time it's different. This time I feel so much fucking more, and it is mind-boggling.

I know you're in love with me, Catherine. I can see it in your eyes. And it fucking hurts that you feel anything for me. I've never been hurt before, never been the one to feel anything that makes an organ in the body melt, break, or weep. I've always been the one to hurt others. That's how it's always been for years. Where did you come from? I run my hand over my face again, frustration getting the best of me. I can't fucking take this.

Sitting around doing nothing is not fucking me. It's never been me. I'll fucking go crazy. Punching Kapoor isn't the only damage I can do, Catherine. It's weak, pathetic, and childish for me not to finish what I started. I can't stand to see the hurt in your eyes. In another situation, it would have fueled my need for you, and I would have dragged you to my bed. That's who I am. I live off of fear, pain, hurt expressions, broken hearts, and blood. But not yours. Every drop of your blood, every pained expression on your face, every pain of yours is priceless for me. It belongs to me.

Mine to have, and mine to give.

I hate fucking women who cry, who expresses emotions, who are soft, weak, and who love. But you...I don't fucking hate you. I could never hate you. What is it about you that drives me insane? I've just met you. I'm not weak, not by a long shot, but you...you make me weak to my fucking knees. I don't know whether to kiss you or hurt you for this. The urge to punch something is strong, but I can't do any damage here. I steeple my fingers against the armrest. The more I sit here, idly, the angrier I get.

I'm so fucking sorry, Catherine. I'm going to have to take my words back on this. I'm going to have to hurt you. The power to take, to hurt, to give, and to kill...it's all in my hand. It's always been in my hands. It's time to channel my anger towards something far more important things. It's time you get a feel of who I really am. I pull my phone out of my pocket, and scroll down until I find the number I'm looking for. Being airborne is not going to stop me. I bring the phone to my ear, and wait.

"Gary. Get in touch with Joseph. Tell the lawyer I need him to bail someone out from Japan." I wait as Gary types something over the phone.

"Done, sir. What's his name?" Gary speaks. I look through the aisles where I left her waiting for me. I clutch the phone tighter to my ear until I hear a distressed sound coming from the technology. My knuckles go white.

"Roy Kapoor. I need him in Boston, immediately." I hang up the phone. You underestimate me, Catherine. My looks will trick you, my romantic gestures will melt you. But, I'm a monster disguised as a man you are falling for. If you meet me in the dark where I mostly thrive, you'd run and you would never look back.

You didn't share your past with a man. You shared your past with a monster disguised as a man people look up to. I got more blood on my hands than the blood coursing through your little body. It's what I do. I protect what's mine even if it means I have to kill.

I'll kill your past, and I'll kill you if you ever run or hide from me.  The truth prevails, and I'm a man of truth. No more hiding from me.