Chapter 10

The beauty of the interior designs in this hotel we just stepped into was marvelous, almost too good to be true. I was mesmerized, completely enthralled in the beauty of the art that was plastered on the walls, and even the furniture surrounding us. There were two waterfall designs at the very far corners of the building and that alone pulled the attention more than anything. I could see different species of fishes dancing around in the waters beneath the falls. I looked up, and the ceilings kept going and going and going. There were so many different things to look at, I just didn't know where to start.

"Shall we?" A familiar, masculine voice says from behind me. I'm crimson red as I look at him. I'm here to work, I know, but God, what would it be like to tour this place? I follow suit behind Reece, and the men in front of me purposely just so I can continue to marvel at the place at my own pace until we get into the elevator.

"Your stay will be at the top floor's penthouse so you can see the whole of Japan's beautiful city from up there. I think you will love it, sir," Mr. Ouishi says, insisting we already like that place before we even step a foot there. I'm pretty sure I will—it's a penthouse for God's sake, with a whole panoramic city view.

"I think we will," Reece counters, smiling. For the remainder of the time up, I chance a glance at Reece every few seconds, wanting to see his reaction to all this. But, I'm not the only one who likes to look. Every now and then he will look at me too. And when he does look at me it's intense. Too intense. 

 I chew on my bottom lip until the elevator comes to a stop, dings, and the door opens. My breath catches in my throat as the doors open. We can never get a break here. There's like literally a line of women standing in the hallway waiting for us. It'd be nice if all of them were equally looking at both Reece and me, but no. All eyes were on Reece. Which...it's understandable. I mean, who am I, right?

But these eyes on Reece were...nothing sorts of professional. They were staring at him very hard, possibly even drooling. Three of them had to cover them mouth, swiping at it to cover the evidence of drool. Yeah, I caught that. And I don't blame them. I once drooled too. Like when we kissed. Oh, that kiss. I wish it could happen again. And again. And again....

Can these women just stop staring? It's bugging me. And why did they have to be so young, and flawless, and beautiful? That didn't help my situation. I probably still smelled like vomit, and I had no makeup on. Pretty sure the time difference symptoms and signs were seriously really evident on my face.

"Ladies. Mr. Dean, these are the staff here. They will take care of you anytime you need them. Just call," Mr. Ouishi instructs. 

"Sure," Reece mumbles. Not interested, clearly. Which makes me feel a whole lot better for some reason. Mr. Ouishi steps forward and it's then I notice a small keypad on the door. He punches a few numbers on it and the red light turns green.

"Your code here will get you through these doors. Only you both know from here on," he explains. Once Reece slightly pushes the door ajar, Mr. Ouishi steps back, smiles and disappears with the rest of the staff. Leaving us completely alone.

Alone.

"Interesting people," Reece interjects, one corner of his lips lifting. He gives me one last look before opening the door all the way in. I step inside first because he lets me and I think I got the idea of why. What I saw downstairs was nothing compared to what was inside in this penthouse. I've seen Jay Dean's penthouse before but he didn't live there. Not exactly. He only used the space whenever he needed time of his own but other than that the penthouse was always minimal. The point is that it was beautiful and marvelous.

This, however, this is so much different. Every furniture here was stark white and the ceiling...it went on, and on, and on. I could go on forever explaining the details of this place but the real magic was what stood in front of me. I walk straight to the long, wide windows in front of me and stare at the most panoramic view of Japan. This whole place was very expansive, with large windows that showed everything there was to see. It was breathtaking.

"This is beautiful," I finally say, turning to face him. Reece is already in the room, looking at me, facial expression giving nothing away. He stalks towards me slowly, calculatedly. Right.

"Mr—Mr. Ouishi, he never told me where I was staying. I think he...um...forgot about me. I should go check on him—" It's true. He never really told me where I was staying. Where is my room? I walk past Reece to grab the bags but his voice floors me. Literally.

"You're staying here. With me." He pushes one hand in his pocket. I'm glued to my spot and I can't seem to move. 

"Mr. Dean—" Stay here? With him? What?

"Is there a problem, Catherine?" Problem? Yes. Yes, there is. This is one gigantic place but I'm pretty sure there's only one room here. One.

"Mr. Dean...there's only one room here," I clarify. I think he knows that. One of his eyebrows arch. Am I questioning him? I probably shouldn't. But, I need to find a safe space here for me.

"I...I can't. It's not right for me to be here," I whisper. One room, two people. That's a problem. A big problem. For me, that is.

"Why?" he asks, walking towards me again. I take a step back every time he takes a step forward. We continue this until there is nowhere else for me to go. My back hits the door, and I freeze. There's a simple answer to his question, one I really want to give. But my answer wouldn't be justifiable. It would only make me look crazy and needy. In another world, I'd gladly agree to share the same space in one room together. Heck, the same bed. But, in this dimension, we are professionals together.

"It won't be right." My fingers curl into a fist, and I try so hard, so very hard not to pull him closer to me and crush my mouth against his. The smell of him alone is making me dizzy and I need the proximity of this to end. But the proximity doesn't end, it only gets worse because he defies all the odds and fills in any remaining space left in between us. Our breaths touch, mingling with each other, and I hold my breath in return five seconds later. This is the only way I can compose myself.

"I'm a man of many things but with you...I stand to hold my boundaries. I will not touch you if you don't feel comfortable, Ms. White. It's not me to sleep on the sofa, and it's not me to make you. Let's be reasonable adults here, okay?"

The pain of holding my breath hits my lungs and I'm forced to exhale sharply. Now, I'm a heaving mess, trying to relax but really can't. His words hit me hard, impacting straight to my downward areas. My eyes widen for a fraction of a second before I look down. I can be a reasonable adult-like he wishes.

I've never shared my own space, let alone a bed with another man before. While he can compose himself from me...

...can I?

I'm just now starting to get familiar with my own self. My own sexuality is still fresh and new for me and to be sharing so much with a man like Reece...how can I physically, and mentally relax?