24

Geralt reached me before dark. I whimpered as he picked me up,  when we reached the camp he placed me in front of the fire. "What happened?" Jaskier panicked. 

"I don't know, she hasn't told me yet," he replied. I pined in pain as the pain increased. Geralt took one of his serums and placed it on my wounds, I bit my tongue and balled my fists. Jaskier began to play his lute. 

"I swear if you keep playing that I will break your arms," I growled. 

"Okay," he said and placed the lute down. 

"Save your energy," Geralt said wrapping my wounds with the serum on. 

"Has she said anything?" I asked. 

"No she's still asleep,"  Jaskier answered. Geralt sat in silence, his back resting against a log and Jaskier stared into the flames. 

"I hoped to move tomorrow but I don't think that's going to happen not with these two down," he said.  

"Why can't we just leave them here?" he said. I looked at him flashing my eyes. "I kid of course." 

"Continue talking like that and I will let her attack you," Geralt said, "as soon as Phoenix is back on her feet we can move." I huffed a laugh and made myself cough. "I suggest you don't laugh for a while." 

"That's hard with you around," I said. 

"I saved you, be nice," Geralt chuckled. 

"Touche," I replied turning over and pulling my cloak over my shoulders. 

"That shut her up," Jaskier laughed attempting to break the silence between us, I turned over and flashed my eyes again but this time it was accompanied by a growl. 

"I wouldn't say another word," Geralt said.  

"It would be wise," I said and placed my head back down, my head hurt too much to sleep but I heard Ciris weak voice as she spoke to Geralt, she was awake and healing that was all that mattered. 

"Do you think you could accelerate her healing?" Geralt asked her. 

"In a rush are we?" she mocked him. 

"No, but the bard is," he said. Footsteps came closer to me, and they rested delicate hands on my head, warmth spread out around my being and the pain lessened as my wounds healed over.  

"Rest," Ciri whispered before rejoining Geralt. 

"She should be ready to travel in the morning," she said. The morning came sooner than I expected, I woke to being shaken gently but Jaskier. 

"Wake up wolfie," he said. 

"Please don't call me that," I growled. Geralt joined us. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked. 

"Better," I said, I walked over to Ciri as she packed her bags and cuddled her. "Thank you." 

"You would do the same for me," she said. 

"Of course, it goes without saying," I replied. 

"Is everything packed up?" Geralt asked as he finished tying our supplies onto Roache's saddle.

"Mhm," I nodded. 

"So where did the bard come from?" Cir asked me as we walked. 

"I don't know he just attached himself like a parasite," I replied. 

"She's right," Geralt chuckled looking back at us.