11

"Easy Phoenix!" She exclaimed holding her arms to me trying to halt me on the spot. I growled the wolf fought with me. It attempted to take my humanity, to make me its slave, of course, Triss always knew how to break it but today her tactics seemed to be ignored by the beast. Perhaps today is the day I lose myself to the animal that had been so loyal to me and served me through thick and thin. I felt myself being pushed into the cage behind the eye of the animal. It was to serve as a window to the world I once knew in full.  I'd be watching the massacre that the wolf inflicted and I would be helpless.

"Phoenix?" She asked she had lowered herself to her knees. The wolf had a façade it acted like I was still in control. It whined and collapsed pretending to be injured, just as she started using her power the wolf leapt up and attempted to claw her in the throat. It made contact and shallowly cut her throat open not enough to kill her. It left her laid there on the floor, its next target was Yennefer, Ciri and finally, the last victim would be Geralt. As soon as we were out in the open the wolf pressed its nose to the ground. It was determined to pick up her scent. It sneezed every now and then her perfume too strong for it to handle.

It led her to the inn they were staying at. The wolf snuck amongst the drinking folk and upstairs, its teeth bared and loud snarls ripped through it. The hackles rose gradually as it made its way to the top of the stairs. It scratched at the door, Yennefer opened it and the wolf pounced immediately pushing her to the ground, its claws dug into her shoulders, before it could bite, it was pulled back and thrown against a wall. That was when Ciri and Geralt stood square with the wolf.

"I knew this day would come eventually, you see Ciri this is very common in shape shifters they lose themselves to the animal," Geralt explained circling me with his blade drawn. Ciri was stood slightly behind the white wolf it growled loudly.  It salivated it flicked its head flicking the spit everywhere. "Phoenix fight this beast!" He ordered.

The wolf didn't recognise the name, it snarled in laughter. It roared its eyes locked with Geralt's, the wolf was sick I could see into its mind it wanted to do such horrible things. I took his advice and decided to fight it but to no avail I was weak. The wolf knew it and overpowered me easily, it charged at Ciri attempting to bite her wrist, her sword dropped to the floor she screamed grabbed her wrist. Geralt's gaze snapped to her, I took that as my advantage and I charged at him, rearing onto my hind legs. He dropped his sword. I used my weight to push him against the wall, digging my paws into his shoulders. Without hesitation the wolf sunk its teeth into his throat he let out a gurgled cry and attempted to pull my head away but the wolf was strong and kept its jaws locked into his flesh.

"Geralt!" Ciri screamed.