15

The next day I was outside. Alone. Quietly sharpening my sword. I heard stumbling steps, wheezing breath and a gentle hand placed on my shoulder. I turned my head slowly and I saw Geralt smiling down at me. "Ciri told me everything," he said sitting down next to me, he placed an arm over my shoulders. I looked at him, my face that had a usual smile on it was now one of misery. "I'm still here!" he stood up and offered a hand down to me. "Come let's go for a ride and no changing." 

"Geralt you're not strong enough," I told him, essence of concern danced through my words.

"I'm fine," he insisted. I said no more and stood, I helped him walk to his room and helped him pull his coat on. We both walked to the door when Yen stopped us.

"Where are you both going?" She asked us.

"For a ride," I answered.

"Geralt you're not strong enough you must rest," she said.

"I'm fine," he said sternly and grabbed me by the arm, dragging me outside with him. I took one of the cart horses while Geralt took Roach, we both mounted our horses and started at a walk. I kept close to him he leant on Roaches neck, I glanced at him in concern. "I'm fine." 

"Okay," I said and rode faster in front of him.

"Hey slow down!" He called. I  looked over my shoulder,  pulled the reins and  smiled at him. "Don't give me that smirk." I turned around and steered away from the path and rode into the forest as I could sense rain, I was right as the moisture lashed down upon us, my horse slipped and threw me off I landed right in a bear trap, it snapped shut on my left leg and I screamed loudly. Roach galloped towards me, she stopped at the top of the ditch where my horse had thrown me. "Phoenix!" He yelled.

"Down here!" I cried. He dismounted immediately but as he was on his way down I was surrounded by elves, they all had their weapons pointed at me.

"Witchers and Shapeshifters aren't welcome here!" One said, the wolf woke up once again but Geralt signalled at me to stay calm. I nodded and fell back in pain. I placed my hands over my face and did the best I could to hold my whimpers and cries in.

"Help her!" He said desperately.

"How do we know that you won't attack us!" One elf exclaimed.

"Because I don't kill elves," he said. I let out a loud growl all the elves gazes shot to me, I was losing the fight  as I lost my blood but I took a deep breath in and pushed the beast away. Geralt got closer to me but the elves lifted their weapons to him, we both exchanged glances and knew we were in trouble but neither of us were strong enough to fight.